• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Of course we can, look at all the games we played at home against you earlier in the season. Just gotta try to keep it close entering that last home series with you.
That's been our kryptonite. If we can find a way to win one game on the road we may have a chance. But i'm not looking forward to our next series against you guys. Giants should be at decent shape by then.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I just don't see the impact players making a 7 win difference. Your rotation just isn't good enough this year and really, that's been it. Matt Cain is done, Vogelsong is trash, Mike Leake is the definition of average (which is not a bad thing), Heston is a rookie who has ups and downs.

Ya'll had a good year, just ride it out and tool up for next year, imo.

It's less about the players making up the difference all by themselves and more just them playing okay, getting a few lucky breaks in one-run games, and hoping LA or one of the wild cards melt down. Any playoff success if SF does sneak in would rely on Bum repeating what he did last year, which is highly unlikely.

I just finished watching the Jays' game, because I PVRed it.

BLUE JAYS WIN!!! Dickey and Donaldson were fan-fucking-tastic

I should've listened to my gut and gotten tickets for last night's game, or even tonight's. Glad they won the series either way!

I just looked for single tickets for upcoming games, but they're sold out.

Opiate

The NL playoffs are all but locked.

Mets
Cardinals
Dodgers

Pirates
Cubs

The odds of this being the playoff picture are ~98%.

Parch

Yeah, not much drama for the NL stretch run. Adding the wildcard usually meant there were several teams battling for a playoff spot. That's not always going to happen.
At least NL teams can rest up and set up their rotation for the playoffs as they see fit.

Opiate

Yeah, not much drama for the NL stretch run. Adding the wildcard usually meant there were several teams battling for a playoff spot. That's not always going to happen.
At least NL teams can rest up and set up their rotation for the playoffs as they see fit.

Interestingly, you could make an argument that returning to a 1 wild card format would actually make the NL closer, at least this particular year; the Cubs and Pirates are 4.5 games apart, which would actually be the closest race in the NL if that race meant anything. Since they're both going, that race means nothing.

I can't wait to see Marcus Stroman back in a Blue Jays uniform, hopefully as a starter. He's got a great arm, and it could make a huge impact on this team's chances.

Too bad tickets are completely sold out.

Mets
Cardinals
Dodgers

Pirates
Cubs

The 2011 Cardinals (and Braves, lol) taught me nothing is impossible

Does look very likely at this point. Gotta think this weekend series between Pit and Stl will be the deciding one if the Central will still be up for grabs

Parch

I can't wait to see Marcus Stroman back in a Blue Jays uniform, hopefully as a starter. He's got a great arm, and it could make a huge impact on this team's chances.
Who do you bump out of the rotation? Right now I don't see anybody who really deserves to lose their rotation spot. When Hutch was struggling I thought there could be room for Stroman, but that's not the case anymore. Maybe if they need an emergency start or want to give Buehrle an extra day's rest.

Stroman certainly has potential, but he's still basically unproven and hasn't pitched a game this year. And he's not going to pitch enough innings for it to be considered a full spring training of preparation.
I think it's a huge risk to give him a start, especially when the other guys are getting the job done. Stroman hasn't proven anything this year while the others have. Put him in the bullpen as a long relief guy and have the rotation on a short leash. He really hasn't earned anything better.

zroid

Banned
Who do you bump out of the rotation? Right now I don't see anybody who really deserves to lose their rotation spot. When Hutch was struggling I thought there could be room for Stroman, but that's not the case anymore. Maybe if they need an emergency start or want to give Buehrle and extra day's rest.

Stroman certainly has potential, but he's still basically unproven and hasn't pitched a game this year. And he's not going to pitch enough innings for it to be considered a full spring training of preparation.
I think it's a huge risk to give him a start, especially when the other guys are getting the job done. Stroman hasn't proven anything this year while the others have. Put him in the bullpen as a long relief guy and have the rotation on a short leash. He really hasn't earned anything better.

I don't see this as likely to happen, but I would opt for a 6 man rotation where they send Price out every 5th day.

In any case, you need to give him at least a couple starts in September because they need to know if they can use him in the playoff rotation. Talent-wise he's probably their 2nd best pitcher so he has to be given a chance at least.

Who do you bump out of the rotation? Right now I don't see anybody who really deserves to lose their rotation spot. When Hutch was struggling I thought there could be room for Stroman, but that's not the case anymore. Maybe if they need an emergency start or want to give Buehrle and extra day's rest.

Stroman will be starting when he gets back. A 6 man rotation is plausible especially for guys like Buerhle and Estrada. Putting Marcus in the bullpen would be an absolute waste.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

Mets
Cardinals
Dodgers

Pirates
Cubs

especially after the braves sweep this 4 game series with the nats!

right?!?!?!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
As much as I want the #1 pick, killing the Nats playoff dreams would be cool with me.
yep. going 7--0 against the nats the rest of the way and then lose all the others would be perfect. although winning 7 games might be too much for the #1 pick.

I love that Seager is finally coming up. It's great that Rollins has started producing more since the All-Star break, but he isn't producing enough that we should keep holding this kid back.

Mets
Cardinals
Dodgers

Pirates
Cubs

The Mets were at 98% at this point in 2007 too.

I'll believe it when they've hit the magic #, not a minute before.

Also Sano is fucking legit, that bat is otherworldly good.

The Pirates and Marlins are talking of playing one or two games in Puerto Rico next season. I hope it happens, it was cool when we played the Mets there a few years ago.

so that's

puig
kendrick
kike
now peraza

all down with hammy

Dodgers should fire their stretching coach or whatever
Hammy injuries are happening alot more these days in sports.

So we may see Seager start or get some playing time

E:JDeluis, this will be my first going to PetCo Park. Heard very good stuff about it.

RBH

The race for the #1 pick in the MLB Draft:

TWfxroZ.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Braves/comments/3jhnjm/glass_half_full_thursday_2016_mlb_amateur_draft/

The Braves have lost 8 straight games and 15 of their last 16 games.

Top Bottom