• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

zroid

Banned
Wasn't Cespedes always considered really overrated for various reasons? I mean he's obviously been incredible with the Mets, but should we really expect that to last beyond this season?

Sandy sets the line-ups, but Terry has say over who gets called up, he absolutely does.

Terry doesn't have that power and never has. The notion that he makes call-ups is incredibly wrong. He didn't determine when Syndergaard or Matz came up and he wanted Conforto up for weeks before he was actually called up.

Not to mention, Terry is on the last year of his contract. They wouldn't let him run the roster on the last year of a contract.

Loco4Coco

Wasn't Cespedes always considered really overrated for various reasons? I mean he's obviously been incredible with the Mets, but should we really expect that to last beyond this season?

Probably for his on base skills, but he always hit and played defense very well.

Doogdogg

He's consistently above average. I wish the Sox kept him and never sign Panda or Hanley. He always gives it all.

He's a good player (been worth ~3 WAR the past three seasons), but at 30 years old he's not worth what he's going to get this offseason

People see the arm and assume he's some all-world defender when he's really not, too

He's good, but not as good as he's been playing this season and he's surely not going to get better at his age

zroid

Banned
He's consistently above average. I wish the Sox kept him and never sign Panda or Hanley. He always gives it all.

He's a good player (been worth ~3 WAR the past three seasons), but at 30 years old he's not worth what he's going to get this offseason

People see the arm and assume he's some all-world defender when he's really not, too

He's good, but not as good as he's been playing this season and he's surely not going to get better at his age

"above average" sounds about right to me. I think he's one of those players whom the eye test makes appear like a superstar more than reality. Not to diminish the impact he's made in New York but still.

Walk-Walk-K-K-Walk-K

Dellin Betances.

image.php

Yup. He's having a career year. Plate discipline leaves a lot to be desired. Mets fans are drinking the Kool Aid.

His stats at the plate are consistent with his previous stops. wRC+, same as it was his rookie year and while he was with Oakland last year. K%, same at it's always been, BB%, same as it's always been, defensive value is peaking because he's played center masterfully this year. BA, OBP are consistent with where he's been, obviously his SLG is high because of this absurd tear he's been on but still within career norms while taking that into account.

Offensively he's the same as he's always been. His added value this year is his defensive acumen.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
O.co.dump

You can see the 50 yard line marker out there by the pitchers mound.

Death to dual sport stadiums.

LJ11

I throw a splitter.

I can't imagine throwing one at 97. It seems impossible to me.

And yet he does it like 10 times a game.
Ridiculous. He was getting hit after the break, pulls out this split and he's rolling along.

Funny that our biggest weakness is now a strength, but our biggest strength is not doing so well.

Malo

Banned
Bird has looked good but I wonder what they're going to do with him next year. Tex and A-Rod will still both be on the team, so he won't get much playing time if they keep him on the major league roster.

O.co.dump

You can see the 50 yard line marker out there by the pitchers mound.

Death to dual sport stadiums.

There is something strangely post-apocalyptic about going to see an A's or Raiders game there though. They should just embrace it since there is very little chance of a new stadium in that area any time soon.

Bird has looked good but I wonder what they're going to do with next year. Tex and A-Rod will still both be on the team, so he won't get much playing time if they keep him on the major league roster.

Tex should be the platoon bat. Eat what money is left and just let Bird have the 1B job and let him run with it. If he stumbles you have back up options.

Top Bottom