• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Hmmm, let me see... where did I put that...

Been so long since I had to use it.

Oh! There it is! Just let me dust it off...

Sb0ytw5.gif

Houston Astros @astros
The A’s fans in the bleachers have drums at the games. It is not a broadcast issue and there is nothing we can do about it.

A's fans have only been doing that for 25 years so I'm not surprised Astros fans never noticed before... obviously it should be banned though as there should be no passion allowed in baseball.

So Disrespect! C'mon Oakland, people in Houston want to nap watching the game!

JDeluis

Zack Greinke 2015:
4 days rest: 9-1, 0.94 ERA, 27.1% K rate, 3.9% BB
5+ days rest: 6-2, 2.27, 20.4% K, 5.2% BB

Tonight is on 5 days rest

Silkworm

lol. Poor Angels

2 run infield double is something else

Wish they'd go back to being Anaheim Angels. There is only one LA baseball team ;-) Thus I take even more pleasure when the Dodgers defeat the Angels.

edit: Oh well, Avilán didn't last too long. Nicasio in to hopefully get out of this inning.

Marz

Wish they'd go back to being Anaheim Angels. There is only one LA baseball team ;-) Thus I take even more pleasure when the Dodgers defeat the Angels.

edit: Oh well, Avilán didn't last too long. Nicasio in to hopefully get out of this inning.

The Dodgers are from Brooklyn. Sorry man Angels are a true California team.

Couldn't have kept Grienke out for one more inning, Donnie? He keeps burning through his bullpen like this and they'll have to start stretching the starters out more and more, and that rubber band will break in the playoffs yet again.

zroid

Banned
The Dodgers are from Brooklyn. Sorry man Angels are a true California team.

I was about to say the Angels still have "California" in their name, but then I realized they didn't

it's a modern miracle anyone can keep track of what the hell they're called nowadays

Official attendance for the Braves @ Phillies game on 9/7 was 15,125, which is the lowest attendance in the history of Citizens Bank Park since it opened in 2004.

FWAR uses FIP in its calculations, while bWAR uses RA/8. There's certainly an argument to be made that FIP is better (at least for single season) since it takes a lot of luck out

Like, Kershaw has been the best pitcher in the NL this year (surprise!), but a rough start which saw him getting BABIP'D and giving up more home runs means he'll probably never catch Greinke in bWAR

Kershaw is having the best season of his career and has an outside shot of 300 strikeouts. And there's a good chance he'll lose out in the CY to Greinke.

BumRush

Emotion-filled post by Matthew Cerrone (metsblog.com) last night in regards to the Harvey situation:

This entire situation is SO tedious! They aren’t even IN the playoffs yet! I wish everyone in the front office and in the dugout could just calm down, shut up and play. Win. Lock it up first, then worry about who is and isn’t on the postseason roster, when they’ll play and when they won’t. The level of panic among fans, pestering by the media, chatter from the team and egotism from Harvey is really disturbing given a) no one has won anything yet and b) no one has missed a playoff game because it’s still early September. The Mets are more than one person, who hasn’t even been the team’s best pitcher this season. So, please, for the love of Mr. Met, stop showing your cards, everyone, stop having press conferences, stop talking about one guy, and instead focus on the team, the entire team, and go win. This whole thing is obnoxious, distracting and ruining what should otherwise be an amazing pennant race.

Jose Fernandez should be back in the rotation this Saturday against the Nationals.

Stanton is trying to come back this season, but there is a good chance he will not be back in the lineup until next year.

Edit: Got my days mixed up.

Syrinx

Harvey has been the center of a lot of not-so-good attention lately. Hopefully he pitches like a man on a mission tonight.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For me, regardless how he pitches tonight, I will always view him as a player that sees the m,e in team.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Emotion-filled post by Matthew Cerrone (metsblog.com) last night in regards to the Harvey situation:

Excuse my language, but Cerrone is a twat.

He does this every once in a while to "prove" that the Mets aren't running his site.
Meanwhile he openly does not proofread or fact check the items he posts and comes off as petulant during the best of times.

zroid

Banned
Unsurprisingly, Jays are visiting Rockies in 2016, as well as Giants and DBacks

Padres, DBacks, and Dodgers visit Toronto

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
2016 schedule:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp#date=04/04/2016

Edit- The Mets schedule is weird. Open at Royals. Fly back home for 6 games. Fly out to Cleveland, Philadelphia and Atlanta. Back home for nine. Fly out to San Diego, LA and Colorado. Back home for six. Fly to DC for three. Back home for six. Followed by Florida, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee. Back home for six. Fly out to DC and Atlanta. This is through June.

They only play the Yankees four times and that is in the first week of August.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Jose Fernandez should be back in the rotation this Saturday against the Nationals.

Stanton is trying to come back this season, but there is a good chance he will not be back in the lineup until next year.

Edit: Got my days mixed up.

Stanton probably just doesn't want to play for this team anymore.

BumRush

Excuse my language, but Cerrone is a twat.

He does this every once in a while to "prove" that the Mets aren't running his site.
Meanwhile he openly does not proofread or fact check the items he posts and comes off as petulant during the best of times.

I won't comment about Cerrone the person, only that his post that I quoted above was spot on.

Top Bottom