• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

JDeluis

Welp! At least the Giants lost.

Holy crap. Those Nats vs Mets highlights on ESPN. So much booing. Anytime people mention how much Mattingly should be fired, they should point out the Nationals.

I believe the Jays and Yankees have 7.5 and 6 game leads on Twins for that last WC spot. It isn't really squeaky bum time yet for either team. Im sure both with be content with �� for a bit yet.

Good to know. I haven't looked that closely as of late. But a one-game playoff is nervewracking and far from ideal.

I don't know if my blood pressure can take this September stretch, let alone playoffs. I get too invested.

Apparently Hutchison now has the greatest disparity between home and road ERA for a season since ERA was tracked

I'm not surprised. It's crazy to think of, and worrying for the future. He had a lot of promise.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Finally this game is over.

FaST3Q4.gif

Club Astros has begun!

Back to 2 games up.

I dont think you have to worry...

Panik back huring again, Crawford hurt, all our backup catchers hurt, Pence hurt, Pagan is hurt every other week, pitchers dropping dead.

But hey Posey hasnt broken anything.
Gatdamn.
Guess again, Posey now out with ankle injury.
Don't fuck with odd year. It'll only end ugly.
Shut everyone down and play the minor league guys.

well ... who knows with Stroman and Estrada. but Price will give us a chance and Dickey owns the Yanks historically

I'll take a split

The way this race has been going I would not be shocked by a split. We can't seem to break out of that 1.5 game lead.

The Yankees have the Mets coming up soon while the Jays get the Braves. Hopefully the Mets stay hot and the Braves roll over for the Jays like they did for the Yanks.

winning the division is far more desirable than a one-game playoff.

Absolutely. But right now both teams are technically safe and have wiggle room, hence the 'lack of urgency' some are noticing.

In the Jays case, I think you see that more with how the games against the Red Sox were managed from a personnel perspective.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Did you... did you actually make it through the whole game?

If so, I salute you. Cuz that game was so boring.

Honestly, I was playing DanganRonpa AE while checking up on mlb app. Then when I was finished, I watched from like the 5th on. Man, it was long as shit lol.

Surprised they fired RAJ now and not after the season ended.

Honestly, I was playing DanganRonpa AE while checking up on mlb app. Then when I was finished, I watched from like the 5th on. Man, it was long as shit lol.

Surprised they fired RAJ now and not after the season ended.

The local radio is saying that he went in and asked for an extension based on all the great moves he made this year, and that the team said no.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The local radio is saying that he went in and asked for an extension based on all the great moves he made this year, and that the team said no.

Amaro did right in the end, but I think he only made these moves to try and save his job.

Yeah, pretty much. It was all the earlier moves that sealed his fate. By the time all the decent moves he had made, it was already too late.

Absolutely. But right now both teams are technically safe and have wiggle room, hence the 'lack of urgency' some are noticing.

In the Jays case, I think you see that more with how the games against the Red Sox were managed from a personnel perspective.

The bullpen usage pointed to that. Saving the good stuff for the yanks. The Jays will feel like they've failed if they don't take the East though. I think getting Price elevated expectations tremendously.

The bullpen usage pointed to that. Saving the good stuff for the yanks. The Jays will feel like they've failed if they don't take the East though. I think getting Price elevated expectations tremendously.

I think so, too, and the fan base will not be happy either. People expect them to win the division, and the bandwagoners who aren't as into baseball expect them to go all the way, which I hope they will.

That said, I'm regularly reminded of something I heard about how wild card teams have made it to the WS recently. Perhaps that time off is also a con to some.

Parch

Not good if the Jays have to use Price for a wildcard game. Then you're starting the divisional at a disadvantage.
If a team has 2 or 3 starters considered ace it's not so bad if they have to play the wildcard, but I think for the Jays it's a big deal. Winning the division and saving Price for game 1 is a big deal.

Enron

Banned
Josh Hamilton needs his knee cleaned up? haha. Well, whatever. Not like the Rangers actually need his sorry ass anyways.

zroid

Banned
good thing there's a day off after the yankee series, otherwise a double header this weekend might necessitate throwing someone out on short rest

Parch

good thing there's a day off after the yankee series, otherwise a double header this weekend might necessitate throwing someone out on short rest
Don't want to short rest a starter. Bullpen start if necessary.

I'm still not convinced Stroman is the right choice for Saturday. I'd rather give him a Braves game. You want to win that Yankee game, so I still think a bullpen start is a safer choice and better chance to win it. With all the depth in the bullpen and an off day Monday, go ahead and use the bullpen.
I certainly hope Stroman impresses and it works out, but I'm not sold it's the right choice.

Doyers remaining schedule is a complete joke. The only teams they face >.500 are the Pirates and Giants (who may be sub-500 at the rate they are dropping games).

I can't see the Mets finishing ahead of them. Which means they will face Greinke and Kershaw at Chavez Latrine in the first round.

Top Bottom