• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Sad to hear about Tulo.

Those kinds of collisions should never happen, but pros all too often feel like they're too good to call people off or refuse to be called off or something.

zroid

Banned
Kind of weird to say, but losing Tulo probably won't have a huge impact... he was playing great defence but not really hitting all that much. Ryan Goins who will play SS in his stead is about as good defensively, and while he's horrible offensively for his career, he's been really good for like 1.5 months now. It might not last but maybe it will.

Mostly I just feel bad for him that he has to miss these meaningful games, and Pillar for having to live with the guilt. Maybe if the Jays are hanging around in late October, he will be fit enough to play a few games. Either way, Tulo's gonna be really important in 2016, and hopefully his offence will come around next year.

It brings me great joy to see the Angels causing some heart ache in the AL West divisional race. Damned if they make a playoff run, but at least they can make a little suspense for their rivals in these pivotal last few series.

So are we pretty much all in agreement that the Yankees are all set up for a September collapse that has now seen them fall out of the AL East lead for good and will likely see them out of the wild card as well? Because it sure looks like that. In the first game, they beat themselves. THEY FUCKING BEAT THEMSELVES.

I think this is also the last year of Girardi's contract. No way he comes back. The Steinbrenners are probably going to do something stupid like bring out Lou Pinella's corpse to manage, since their dad always threatened to replace Torre with him.

zroid

Banned
i really don't think the yankees will fall any further than the 1st wild card... in all likelihood they'll go on a tear starting tomorrow

Kind of weird to say, but losing Tulo probably won't have a huge impact... he was playing great defence but not really hitting all that much. Ryan Goins who will play SS in his stead is about as good defensively, and while he's horrible offensively for his career, he's been really good for like 1.5 months now. It might not last but maybe it will.

Mostly I just feel bad for him that he has to miss these meaningful games, and Pillar for having to live with the guilt. Maybe if the Jays are hanging around in late October, he will be fit enough to play a few games. Either way, Tulo's gonna be really important in 2016, and hopefully his offence will come around next year.

If Travis was healthy then it wouldn't hurt as much, but now 2nd base is going to be Pennington and Kawasaki? =/

zroid

Banned
If Travis was healthy then it wouldn't hurt as much, but now 2nd base is going to be Pennington and Kawasaki? =/

Hopefully it won't come to Kawasaki...

Pennington is fine... he's played good defence, he's a switch hitter, and once he gets regular at-bats he'll probably hit ok. Certainly no worse than Goins did before he became not shit.

So are we pretty much all in agreement that the Yankees are all set up for a September collapse that has now seen them fall out of the AL East lead for good and will likely see them out of the wild card as well? Because it sure looks like that. In the first game, they beat themselves. THEY FUCKING BEAT THEMSELVES.

I think this is also the last year of Girardi's contract. No way he comes back. The Steinbrenners are probably going to do something stupid like bring out Lou Pinella's corpse to manage, since their dad always threatened to replace Torre with him.

God I would love to see the Yankees spend $220 million on payroll and miss the playoffs. That said, they look pretty good as a wildcard team.

Tulowitski has a fractured shoulder blade. Probably done for the year and won't play in the playoffs.

Nothing is confirmed yet. They'll be monitoring him over the next week, and then we'll find out what's exactly going to happen. It doesn't look good, but nothing is concrete yet.

I'm not worried about Tulo.

His defence has been a boost, but he's not had good luck at the plate. Pennington/Goins *can* fill in.

Of course, I want him back and in the line-up, but the Jays can handle his absence.

edit: lol just like zroid said!

Humidex

In the case of Tulo, it's very much a case of hope for the best, plan for the worst...

And wow, I've never seen Yankee Stadium that empty ever!

rinse82

Ready for today guys

brooms.jpg

Mets have a chance at a nice 4 game sweep of the Braves today. Unfortunately, Jon Niese is today's starter. He won't have Cespedes to rescue him today as Terry Collins is giving him, Wright and d'Arnaud the day off.

Eh, the Yanks are three games clear of the Rangers in the WC (even though they have a harder schedule down the stretch), I think they should manage that.

It's not even like they're playing terrible baseball. The Blue Jays are mashing right now, but they do that against everyone these days.

(and I'll save yall the trouble and going back and pulling the post, yes my dumb ass did say back in July that there was no chance the Blue Jays could catch New York. I'll get it right this time tho!)

Thank God. I probably trust him more than Kawasaki or Pennington. At least the middle infield defense shouldn't suffer too much with him + Goins up the middle.

Really wish they hadn't let Valencia just walk, though.

He was odd man out at the time, and management I imagine thought that Tulo would hold up at least until playoff time.

I still think they should've kept him over Kawasaki.

In any case, I'm interested in seeing Goins at SS. It's his natural position, so I want to see what he can do there.

I certainly agree, but I wonder how much of the keeping of Kawasaki was a marketing decision from higher levels. The guy is a great joy to be around, especially for fans, and I wonder if Rogers made it known he would stay to boost the team's profile around casual fans.

zroid

Banned
I still think Valencia was largely a financial decision. He was at best a bench player after the trade deadline, but they could have kept him on the roster if they didn't go to an 8 man pen (which ended up being pointless because Loup never played).

Valencia is being paid real dollars though, unlike the other bench guys.

I still think Valencia was largely a financial decision. He was at best a bench player after the trade deadline, but they could have kept him on the roster if they didn't go to an 8 man pen (which ended up being pointless because Loup never played).

Valencia is being paid real dollars though, unlike the other bench guys.

Likewise, though once more, I wouldn't be surprised if what I laid out with Kawasaki is true as well.

zroid

Banned
Pennington and Thole at the bottom of the lineup today. No Edwin as expected. Cola in DH.
Enjoy the rare win vs Dickey, yankees

Likewise, though once more, I wouldn't be surprised if what I laid out with Kawasaki is true as well.

I definitely think there's something to them wanting to keep Kawasaki just because he's popular. But it probably wasn't a choice between him and Valencia anyway.

Top Bottom