• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

JDeluis

Welp! Matt Latos pretty much secured an early vacation this game. He can start making plans for October.

Terrible base running and errors by the Dodgers today. At least the Giants lost. :/

The Tigers have been eliminated from winning the NL Central.

This is really crazy considering how they've won the division for some years (2011 - 2014). But they clearly have problems, mostly with their pitching especially since they lost Scherzer and, way later, Price. Verlander was out for a while and it took a bit to get him back to being really good. Their bullpen is not really that great overall either throughout the yea

Welp! Matt Latos pretty much secured an early vacation this game. He can start making plans for October.

Terrible base running and errors by the Dodgers today. At least the Giants lost. :/

He's been awful, but it seems a decent part of that has been luck. I was surprised at how awful he's been for us, since he was a pretty good pitcher for a few years. This year his ERA is 4.95, but his FIP is only 3.55 and his xFIP is 3.67.

Driving that discrepancy, his BABIP jumped to .311 this year from a career average of .282, and his LOB% plummeted to 62.6% from a career average of 72.6%. His HR/FB% is also up this year to 10.3% from an 8.7% career average.

So sequencing, more balls dropping for hits, and more fly balls leaving the park. Pretty shitty that it has to happen while he's wearing our uniform. Also shitty for him, since this is his contract year.

itshappening.gif

A's call up Barry Zito from Triple-A — is MLB farewell vs. Tim Hudson next?

Hudson has said he wants to see it happen too. He recently told the Chronicle's John Shea:

“It would be some kind of storybook ending for both of our careers, for sure,” said Hudson, who texted Zito before his final Triple-A appearance. “I told him I was thinking about him and pulling for him. If that was something that could happen, it would be awesome.”

Saturday, September 26th.

Potential Zito vs Hudson, both hanging 'em up at the end of the season, with Mark Mulder rumored to be throwing out the first pitch.

Something's gotten in my eyes, they're getting all watery.

Already bought my tickets and booked the flight.

Been a shit year, but this would be something very special.

Ricker

Important announcement coming friday concerning Baseball in Montreal...please be good news,I miss the Expos so much,would be great to give it another shot.

zroid

Banned
Important announcement coming friday concerning Baseball in Montreal...please be good news,I miss the Expos so much,would be great to give it another shot.

Maybe the Jays will play a regular season series in MTL next year? I think there were some discussions about that after this year's pre-season games.

Didn't the Expos get absolutely horrific attendance numbers?

Yeah, that tends to happen when you can't follow your own team on television and you play in a CrapDome.

Loria and Selig killed the Expos. Nobody else
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...seball-stadium-never-built?CMP=share_btn_link

If that stadium was built the Expos would be bigger than the AAAA Nationals

Expos merchandise still sells like gangbusters in Montreal. 11 years after the team left. Think about that for a minute.

Any future Montreal team will play in the AL East so they can work on the Montreal/Toronto rivalry, like the Astros and Rangers in the AL West. Ideally the Rays will move there.

Personally, I would prefer the Nats to move to the AL, which should be fine by them since that particular organization doesn't believe in concepts like "history and "legacy".

I'll guess and say the announcement will be about a new Triple A team in Montreal.......like the Mets desperately need a Triple A team on the East Coast.

Malo

Banned
0GsSE5W.gif

Top Bottom