• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

0GsSE5W.gif
This gif always gets me.

This Conley kid is a good pitcher. Has really nice stuff and I love his mechanics, the way his throw/drag leg twists to get his stuff to ride is beautiful.

We just can't beat the damn Marlins. It's the damnedest thing.

This Conley kid is a good pitcher. Has really nice stuff and I love his mechanics, the way his throw leg twists to get his stuff to ride is beautiful.

Do you think he can make it as a starter in the big leagues? I'm pretty sure the original plan was to make him a long man in relief, but he has been doing well as a starter so far.

Do you think he can make it as a starter in the big leagues? I'm pretty sure the original plan was to make him a long man in relief, but he has been doing well as a starter so far.

From what I'v seen he certainly has starter stuff. His fastball has tremendous life, at the very least stretch him out and leave him there till he loses it. Decent slider, nice heat, mechanics are awkward but don't have the usual injury red flags I look for.

Kid should be able to last there I think. Looking at his numbers his walk rate is high, has that been a real problem with control or is he just getting worked in the count or what?

From what I'v seen he certainly has starter stuff. His fastball has tremendous life, at the very least stretch him out and leave him there till he loses it. Decent slider, nice heat, mechanics are awkward but don't have the usual injury red flags I look for.

Kid should be able to last there I think. Looking at his numbers his walk rate is high, has that been a real problem with control or is he just getting worked in the count or what?

I sure hope so, we desperately need a decent lefty in the rotation and I am still not sold on Nicolino.

As for the high walk rate, he has had some location issues so far, leading to a high pitch count and usually only lasting 5 or 6 innings.

I sure hope so, we desperately need a decent lefty in the rotation and I am still not sold on Nicolino.

As for the high walk rate, he has had some location issues so far, leading to a high pitch count and usually only lasting 5 or 6 innings.

I'll watch a couple of his games and try and get an impression. He definitely intrigues me. Nicolino is a junk lefty, stupidly hittable stuff IMO. Honestly you guys have a barren farm system and that's being generous, Kolek might be decent, that's really it. But so far this kid looks nice, if he learns to locate and gets more break on that slider he should be a decent lefty. I'd give him way more play than Nicolino anyway.

Seriously we just can't beat the fucking Marlins for the life of us.

yeah and you really shouldn't hope that we would take care of the Nats for you all. Don't want another 2008 now :)

but for real this one season I would rather see the mets there than the Nats so please just finish off the division please

I'll watch a couple of his games and try and get an impression. He definitely intrigues me. Nicolino is a junk lefty, stupidly hittable stuff IMO. Honestly you guys have a barren farm system and that's being generous, Kolek might be decent, that's really it. But so far this kid looks nice, if he learns to locate and gets more break on that slider he should be a decent lefty. I'd give him way more play than Nicolino anyway.

Yeah the farm system is completely depleted. We had a decent farm system until the front office thought it would be a good idea to trade our two best pitching prospects away for Gordon and one season of Mat Latos.

However, we did make a good move a few weeks ago by rehiring Marc Delpiano to try and salvage our minor league system. He was with the team about a decade ago, and he had a huge role in developing and calling up Cabrera in 2003. Plus, he is not afraid to tell Loria or Samson to fuck off.

Top Bottom