• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
el oso blanco hit a hr using one hand.

091615_gattis_hr_med_res_ckmww3s8.gif

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/09/17...d=644510377284231168&adbpl=tw&adbpr=241544156

The legend continues

https://youtu.be/J0XlbBg6NUs

Beckx

FUCKING god damn take out slide.

@Cliff_Wolf
#ChrisCoghlan w/another #questionable slide as he tries to sweep the knee of Kang & 2nd. He did same to Aki in 2009 ending his career.

This really, really sucks. Fuck.

Beckx

CPIW5etWgAEZn_K.jpg

Looking at other stills Coghlan's knee hits Kang right below his kneecap, that doesn't bode well for this injury. Hoping for just a strain but even then it's Sept 17th, unless it wasn't as bad as it looked he's not going to be available in the playoffs.

I can't believe we're even discussing "clean slide" versus intent to injure. You can't even argue the dude doesn't know what happens when he does that. He does this despite ending a guy's career. At best it's reckless indifference to the harm he'll cause.

harSon

Banned
I guess going for someone's knees is one way to make up some ground for the top Wild Card spot. Congrats Cubs for the good work. Solid execution.

BFIB

Yeah, its technically a "legal" slide by baseball standards, but no doubt Coghlan knew going that far out from the bag, what his intentions were. Your on the bag, thats one thing, but going that far out to purposely break it up is another.

harSon

Banned
Yeah, its technically a "legal" slide by baseball standards, but no doubt Coghlan knew going that far out from the bag, what his intentions were. Your on the bag, thats one thing, but going that far out to purposely break it up is another.

Especially when you're whipping your leg up for no damn reason.

billeh

Kang was throwing from in front of the bag (throwing from behind prevents this) and made no effort to avoid the slide.

That said, it's legal, but not something I'd miss it it went away. Too much risk.

If the guy's on your team it's clean and gritty.

To everyone else, it's dirty with a probable intent to injure.
It's not clean, it's just something that is allowed.

billeh

To be fair, you're right. Someone should have told him he's up against a player like that so he'd know that five feet away from the bag isn't safe.
Coghlan probably couldn't see him because of that horrible camouflage uniform.

I see player jump all the time to avoid that kind of shit. Doesn't excuse doing it, but mitigates injury.

zychi

Banned

I disagree, the entire point of the slide is to mess up the double play and get the runner safe at first. The infielder who setup the play is at fault, not the runner. The thrower shouldn't be running 10 feet away from the bag either to make the throw.

Don't try and turn the DP/don't play INF, if you are worried about getting taken from underneath. Tag the bag and take the 1 out. It's part of the game.

Like you said, it's totally legal, and if MLB wants to correct what some people (wrongly) are calling bad intentions, then they need to fix the rule of "in the area" for INF. Obviously MLB thinks its fine because its been around forever.

Top Bottom