• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Yea great murderer's row of Ryan, Didi and Drew and 60yo A-Rod and Tex. All planned right?

All your team should be performing like CC.

Yes I'm salty.

Mm damn that's some good sea salt.

Here's a poor quality version of that Omar/Esky play.

I'll try to find a better one.

https://twitter.com/h8rproof82/status/626208238459969536

Edit:

MLB Highlight | http://m.mlb.com/video/v305485383/kccle-infante-backhand-flips-to-escobar-nabs-perez

God damn.

Can anyone tell me why the Dodger game is blacked out when I live in the bay? I don't get these restrictions and would love to know the reason.

zroid

Banned
That's what I was wondering. Since the play wasn't reviewable during the game, what are the rules about playing under protest? It's such an obvious play, but the Jays can't do anything about that BS call?
Wilner actually just said on Jays Talk that this doesn't qualify as a scenario where you can play under protest.

Apparently you can only do that when the umpire didn't apply the rules correctly; doesn't apply for simple missed calls.

zulux21

if anyone is curious how you get a home run on a ball caught a few feet in front of the fence watch this

alternatively, why you need to pick your routes well as jumping over a fence is a bad idea.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Third time's the charm!

a3vzxid.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Evan Gattis has SEVEN Triples.

If you would have told me he'd hit seven triples before the season was over, I would have told you you were crazy.

I mean, I can see three by now, but seven?

zulux21

If you would have told me he'd hit seven triples before the season was over, I would have told you you were crazy.

It's even crazier that he doesn't have a career stolen base o_O

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

When he hit his 5th against the Rangers, Beltre asked him if it that was his first triple. Gattis put up his hand and showed 5 fingers, Beltre just laughed.

Holy smokes. ELIte came back with 3 TD's tonight to ODB against Romo. Well done Yankees

E:puig's garbage. Worse than Trumbo

Also weak sauce by A's. Shoulda saved Gray against Kersh..

zulux21

Yankeeswin.gif

you know... in a game where one team scored 21 runs and the other scored 5 I would expect the team that gave up 21 runs to have the worse starting pitcher line, but I think that I have to give that to the yankees starter. his era was slightly less for the game, but giving up 5 walks, 3 hits and 5 runs in 2/3 of an inning feels worse than 7 hits and no walks (though a hbp) and 8 runs in 1 inning. they both really sucked though lol.

also always gotta love a guy coming into a 19-5 game and getting a save :p

The Yankees might have put up a 21 spot tonight, but they also did it in a game where their starting pitcher put up 5 and walked 5 in the first. Yes, it was Chris Capuano, but still. Starting pitching is the Yankees' biggest Achilles heel, and it might be okay to rely on the bullpen and just smack the shit out of the ball now, but come October things will be different

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

I would never have guessed that he would get that many in his entire career.

Marz

Yea great murderer's row of Ryan, Didi and Drew and 60yo A-Rod and Tex. All planned right?

All your team should be performing like CC.

Yes I'm salty.

The Yankees' 1-4 is arguably the best in baseball and they got a lot of guys with pop.

Minute Maid Park is a triples heaven.

The Yankees might have put up a 21 spot tonight, but they also did it in a game where their starting pitcher put up 5 and walked 5 in the first. Yes, it was Chris Capuano, but still. Starting pitching is the Yankees' biggest Achilles heel, and it might be okay to rely on the bullpen and just smack the shit out of the ball now, but come October things will be different

Come October you'll see Tanaka and Pineda pitch on 3 days rest and CC will be in the bullpen.

Also:

REDSOX LOSE
REDSOX LOSE
REDSOX LOSE

graffix13

Here's a poor quality version of that Omar/Esky play.

I'll try to find a better one.

https://twitter.com/h8rproof82/status/626208238459969536

Edit:

MLB Highlight | http://m.mlb.com/video/v305485383/kccle-infante-backhand-flips-to-escobar-nabs-perez

Yeah watching that last night and I was speechless. Easily the play of the year and possibly the best play I've ever seen.

If they don't make that play, Holland walks the next batter and we have 2 on with 0 out.

I'm so frustrated with Holland, especially when we have the superior reliever pitching the inning before him.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Minute Maid Park is a triples heaven.

He has 3 on the road (2 in Detroit and 1 at KC) and 4 at home.

I'd expect 'Tuve or Springer to have 7 by now, not Gattis.

I mean, this is a guy who's had only 7 triples (including minors) in 4 years and 1754 PAs.

He has 7 in 380 this season.

It's just mind blowing.

Top Bottom