• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

zroid

Banned
I just watched and listened to Tulo's press conference. He seems like a great and motivated guy, so I like him a lot as a person. Hopefully he'll be just as likeable as a Blue Jay roster player.

It's a definite upgrade over Reyes without a doubt. But losing MORE pitching prospects when this team is already suffering from a lack of arms is troubling.

I too was impressed by his press conference; I like his demeanor (not that it matters compared to the on-field product, but whatever).

I wouldn't lose sleep over whom they gave up in terms of prospects. None of them were going to make an impact till 2016 at the earliest, and probably not a significant impact till 2017. The Jays lost two of their better ones, but they're well-stocked in terms of young arms so it's fine. And guess who the Jays are gonna draft next year? the same shit. More pitchers. We'll be OK. Now AA should go and trade a couple more of those pitching prospects for a mid-rotation rental.

Consider this: who was talking about Osuna last year? Nobody. And now he's a legit major leaguer at 20 years old, who might even be a starter for us next year. Since we have a lot of depth in the pitching pool, these kind of guys will keep emerging year after year.

mat latos hates san francisco lol

now we know why he was traded for

posey-latos-grand-slam.gif

wbsmcs

I too was impressed by his press conference; I like his demeanor (not that it matters compared to the on-field product, but whatever).

I wouldn't lose sleep over whom they gave up in terms of prospects. None of them were going to make an impact till 2016 at the earliest, and probably not a significant impact till 2017. The Jays lost two of their better ones, but they're well-stocked in terms of young arms so it's fine. And guess who the Jays are gonna draft next year? the same shit. More pitchers. We'll be OK. Now AA should go and trade a couple more of those pitching prospects for a mid-rotation rental.

Consider this: who was talking about Osuna last year? Nobody. And now he's a legit major leaguer at 20 years old, who might even be a starter for us next year. Since we have a lot of depth in the pitching pool, these kind of guys will keep emerging year after year.

Thank you. I think Jays fans are still burnt over giving d'Arnaud and Syndergaard in the Dickey trade. That there was a best case scenario for the Mets and having guys play like them isn't going to be the case when giving up a package of prospects.

They didn't give up a top 20 guy. Looking bak 5 years to Baseball America's top 100, there were only about 7-8 placed outside the top 25 worth mentioning:

Trout (85)
Arrieta (97)..only started blossoming after Orioles gave up on him
Storen (92)
Cashner (95)
d'Arnaud (81) ..don't know if we could even talk about him yet
Tehran (51)
Shelby Miller (50)
Freeman (32)

Yea, the top 10 is loaded with guys (Stanton, Strasburg, Posey etc.) but outside of that it is a crap shoot with a few bright spots, but filled with mediocre players like Ike Davis, Wilson Ramos, and Hellickson, on top of guys nobody has even heard of. There are a lot more recognizable hitters than pitchers which shows how unpredictable these pitching prospects are.

I have no qualms about giving up Jeff Hoffman for 3 productive years of Tulo. Yea, he could maybe be a Cashner or Arrieta, but it's also likely he ends up a Kyle Gibson or Mike Leake.

tim1138

Pujols circa 2005. You could hear a pin drop.

Brad Lidge still has nightmares about it.

To be fair, I wasn't at that game, I just saw it on TV. I witnessed Posey's slam off Latos in person, the crowd didn't really get back into it until the 9th inning when they had a chance to tie.

Andy Martino (@MartinoNYDN)
Mets working on a trade. Not sure when of it will be done, but there's momentum. Like others, hearing it's so called big bat

Top Bottom