• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

I haven't seen that nickname in years. I feel like on the mlb.com forums in 2005.

Hope your mom feels better, why was she in physical rehab?

Thanks

She beat cancer twice, but has dealt with infections from surgery and was in an out of hospital a summer ago. She then got a UTI that nobody -- even her nurses -- detected, and became immobile.

We had her home in a hospital bed, and my Dad and I were her primary caregivers (with PSWs' and nurses' help, thankfully), but we got her into rehab in June. She spent three months at a retirement home doing it, then once her stay was up there, moved to a hospital 30 minutes away.

The drive sucks, but hopefully she'll be able to walk with her walker soon. Right now, she walks for a bit of time each day with parallel bars and a larger walker.

BLUE JAYS WIN!!! Fuck yes!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out of town, Stanks.

I'm late again. I was out visiting my Mom at the hospital she's in for physical rehab, and caught parts of the game there. The nurses had it on in the common room, so I'd go out and watch it for a bit, and caught the runs.

My Mom ordered a TV, but the piece of shit has glitched twice and is unusable until at least Friday.

Sad to hear your mom is in the hosp, Chewie! I hope her recovery goes well.

Malo

Banned
Al East is cake compared to the NLC.

Can't remember a time when three teams in the same division had the 3 best records in a sport.
NL Central is what the AL East was a couple years back. And even then the al east isn't a cake walk. The top 3 offenses in MLB reside in the AL East.

I'm a Mets, Jets, Islanders and Knicks fan.

I'm used to this shit.

DAMNNNNN!!!, 20 years ago I quit watching Basketball, Hockey, and Baseball , best decision ever, 20 years ago I decided i was tired of being let down by 4 teams, i decided to stick with my Giants since i liked Football more anyways, one let down is better than 4 per year..

Teams i used to Support Mets, Rangers, Knicks...

JDeluis

Dodgers offense has pretty much given up. They've gone gone back to just trying to hit home runs. Giants still have a chance to win the division.

The Orioles are unlikable enough for the Jays to care about beating them. But the Rays? Does anyone anywhere actually hate the Rays (ignoring the stadium)?

Watching them play is like watching paint dry, so I dread series against them. Do I hate them? No. But I kind of did when Dioner was playing for them and seemed to have it in for the Blue Jays.

BLUE JAYS WIN!!! Fuck yes!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out of town, Stanks.

I'm late again. I was out visiting my Mom at the hospital she's in for physical rehab, and caught parts of the game there. The nurses had it on in the common room, so I'd go out and watch it for a bit, and caught the runs.

My Mom ordered a TV, but the piece of shit has glitched twice and is unusable until at least Friday.

Shit man, I hope your mom gets better. You two will be in my thoughts.

3N16MA

Banned
Game tonight was pure ass mixed with some shit. Will permanently remove it from my memory.

Said it a few days ago. Mets have beat no quality teams but the Nats since the deadline. They have a weak ass schedule and they get touched when they have to play anyone halfway decent.

Jays Wildcard and ALDS tickets go on sale tomorrow, gonna try to get a pair for ALDS home game 3 (game 5) since I wouldn't be able to make it to other games based on how the schedule breaks down =/

I should really just wait for the World Series, I've already been to an ALCS game in Toronto

051uai7.jpg

Khaaaan-tos!

EDIT: Oops, I checked and it said Casilla was the pitcher. The joke doesn't work as well that way.

Jays Wildcard and ALDS tickets go on sale tomorrow, gonna try to get a pair for ALDS home game 3 (game 5) since I wouldn't be able to make it to other games based on how the schedule breaks down =/

I should really just wait for the World Series, I've already been to an ALCS game in Toronto

Do we know what is a day game and a night game yet?

turnbuckle

Not much to cheer for this abysmal Tigers season.

One thing though - Justin Verlander is nearly BACK. His results have been pretty great since July, but now his velocity late in the game is turning around too. Not bad for a 32 year old coming off multiple injuries / surgeries that even I had just about written off a few months ago.

Here's his pitch chart from yesterday. 110th pitch of the game he hit 99.7 MPH.

NaCT87W.png

Can't wait for next season.

Marz

Not much to cheer for this abysmal Tigers season.

One thing though - Justin Verlander is nearly BACK. His results have been pretty great since July, but now his velocity late in the game is turning around too. Not bad for a 32 year old coming off multiple injuries / surgeries that even I had just about written off a few months ago.

Here's his pitch chart from yesterday. 110th pitch of the game he hit 99.7 MPH.

NaCT87W.png

Can't wait for next season.

Yea I posted about this a couple weeks ago he's having a pretty good year.

Beckx

It's unfortunate that The Cubs/Pirates have to destroy each other in a one game playoff.

You gotta figure it ends up Cole v Arrieta and so the next opponent will be thrilled if that ends up being the case.

I guess Maddon has more flexibility to manage around whether Arrieta or Lester goes in the WC game, but Hurdle has to be managing to put Cole in.

It's possible for the Pirates to win 102 games and lose the division, hah. But given that after today's game in Colorado, it's the Cubs, Cardinals, and Reds (who've hurt the Bucs this year), I'm guessing they go 5-5. That's still 97 games, damn. When the Bucs lose players to FA is no longer my biggest fear. It's when do they lose Huntington.

Uggh, I'm apparently in for Game 1 but its still searching, and game 2 is showing 45 minutes or less and I started them at the same time.

I hate you Ticketmaster :(

JDeluis

Magic number is 5. I think we've got this.

Main concern is getting all our key offense guys healthy enough to trot out a decent lineup against Mets pitching.

Hopefully they can win it before going to SF. It's going to be to much pressure if they have to win all four games up there.

I am sure it's over but I am rerunning my ticketmaster searches. One of my searches never went over 4 minutes of wait time and came up with nothing for Game 2.

Top Bottom