• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Today's good guys:
Lagares CF
Johnson SS
Conforto LF
Plawecki C
Nieuwenhuis RF
Herrera 2B
Recker 1B
deGrom P

Lots of hangovers from last night (and this morning) apparently.

Parch

There are no bad guys in baseball. It's a non contact sport full of family fun and lovable underdogs.

Sure there are some evil Sith lords like the Yankees and Cards, but they get put in their place often enough to know their role. They're there to be beaten by those adorable underdog teams who win with the love of the game instead of a fat cheque book. Let them feast on overpaid UFA's. They just get cocky and fat and lose to the pure of heart and the young of the game who are strong and have not yet fallen to the dark side.

There is balance in the force. The love of baseball comes from when good triumphs over evil. All is well in our fine game of choice.

I just found out that I could've gone to the Jays game today, had I checked my email last night.

I'm selling something on Kijiji, to someone I've dealt with before, and when I let him know that I was available to meet last night he informed me that a family member had unfortunately been admitted to hospital.

Previously, he'd told me he had tickets for today's game and was going. But I didn't think he'd offer them to me and stopped emailing to not bother him at that time, watched TV and didn't think much about it.

I guess he can't go -- which is too bad -- so he offered me the tickets, but I wouldn't have been able to make it in time by the time I saw the email.

Mets brahs, your 25 man post season roster please:

Here's mine:

1. deGrom
2. Harvey
3. Syndergaard
4. Colon
5. Familia
6. Clippard
7. Reed
8. Robles
9. Goeddel (>Torres)
10. Niese (i like the idea of him taking Gilmartin's spot in the pen)
11. Matz (Will be devastating out of the bullpen imo)

12. d'Arnaud
13. Plawecki
14. Wright
15. Duda
16. Muffy
17. Flores
18. Tejada
19. Johnson (can play OF)
20. Uribe (if he's unavailable I'd bring in another pitcher -- Verrett probably)

21. Cespedes
22. Granderson
23. Conforto
24. Lagares (hate burn a spot for late-inning defense but such is life)
25. Cuddy

Conforto is such a solid hitter.

I really want to see him become an All Star player. He's a great talent.

I'm also saving that Cespedes GIF.

eyeless

watching buehrle pitch is so stressful

just have to accept we're going to lose at least two more games unless we can get like 12 runs in those games

So the Cubs playoff roster should be:

IF'ers-Rizzo, Castro, Russell, Bryant, Baez, La Stella

OF'ers-Schwarber, Coghlan, Soler,Fowler, Jackson

Catchers-Montero, Ross

Pitchers-Arrieta, Lester, Hammel, Hendricks, Wood, Richard, Cahill, Rodney, Grimm,Ramirez, Strop, Rondon

8bwJZpK.gif

You're good people. We'll beat the Doyers for you. :p

Jays' generic postseason gear for sale.

I will just wait a few days.

toronto-blue-jays-celebrate-in-the-clubhouse-after-clinching.jpeg

Remember when they said they wouldn't have much of a celebration for the wild card clinch?

Yeah, they blew their load early.

Still exciting.
Ridiculous, this is not the time, not yet. Get that clown Bannerman Kawasaki the fuck out of here, messes with the winning culture along with the scrubs Loup, Delabar and Tepera, waste of space, you don't need to keep a 40 man roster right now, you need to win.

If Buerle can't hack it today, he's done. This is time to be ruthless, Gibby.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Ridiculous, this is not the time, not yet. Get that clown Bannerman Kawasaki the fuck out of here, messes with the winning culture along with the scrubs Loup, Delabar and Tepera, waste of space, you don't need to keep a 40 man roster right now, you need to win.

If Buerle can't hack it today, he's done. This is time to be ruthless, Gibby.

Yeah, cause the best thing to do right now is mess with your team chemistry by "being ruthless". They've been winning, why are you angry at them celebrating?

Damn Justin Bour crushed another one. Out of all the NL rookies he is 3rd in HRs and 3rd in RBIs, but he has about 150 less ABs than the two guys ahead of him.

Top Bottom