• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Meier

Great trade for the Dodgers. Hopefully the games our #4 and #5 pitchers start won't be guaranteed losses after this.

Thank goodness that Anderson has been solid this year. I still cannot fathom we gave all that money to Brandon McCarthy.. unreal. Have to think we've got a very solid 5-man staff now and we won't have to rely on converted relievers and random call-ups to fill it out. Nervous about Clay's hip though.

Enron

Banned
He should be good enough for you to shift Seagar to 3B. Best thing I can use to describe him is Andrelton Simmons but with a league-average SS arm instead of SImmons cannon.

Braves are betting Wood pulls a Tommy Hanson.

Peraza is a glove wizard with blazing speed. He's a better 2B than Seager.

Glovework is about the only comparison with Simmons, though. Simmons is ok with a bat and has a bit of pop, Peraza is ok with a bat, has no pop.

Meier

He should be good enough for you to shift Seagar to 3B. Best thing I can use to describe him is Andrelton Simmons but with a league-average SS arm instead of SImmons cannon.

Braves are betting Wood pulls a Tommy Hanson.

Yeah, the Braves just churn out quality pitchers who always seem to fall apart once they leave. Not familiar with Avilan either but seems he's been a good performer for them so that's a relief.. (well, looking him up now, and I guess he was amazing his first two seasons and has tailed off a bit the last two) the bullpen has been such an utter shit show this year. Seems like Jim Johnson was absolutely godawful last year but has been solid in 2015 so fingers crossed he keeps that up.

Going to be very curious how the Dodgers fit a lot of these guys into the roster. Gonna have to ditch a few players for sure.

Enron

Banned
Yeah, the Braves just churn out quality pitchers who always seem to fall apart once they leave. Not familiar with Avilan either but seems he's been a good performer for them so that's a relief.. the bullpen has been such an utter shit show this year. Seems like Jim Johnson was absolutely godawful last year but has been solid in 2015 so fingers crossed he keeps that up.

Going to be very curious how the Dodgers fit a lot of these guys into the roster. Gonna have to ditch a few players for sure.

Avilan sucks, and i'm glad he's a Dodger now.

3N16MA

Banned
Watch the Yanks get Leake in a similar deal to McCarthy's. Cash will call it a success as all the top prospects were saved.

So apparently because this is the final meeting between these two teams and the Mets are the home team, since they didn't get to bat and the game is suspended, the Mets win.

I think he was already declining and that's why Wong was placed at leadoff

No, he started to decline after he was moved off leadoff (I don't really think these have much to do with each other, though). He was switched to 2 because Heyward wasn't producing in that spot early on

Wong was placed at leadoff because he was a hot hitter and has some speed which makes Matheny think he's a Prototypical Leadoff Hitter (he's not and should be batting like 3-5). Until Wong can learn to take a walk he shouldn't be at leadoff

BFIB

Mo basically stated the value placed on Kaminsky isn't what the organization felt, they like what Moss offers.

I didn't even realize Olivera was 30 until reading about it today. A 30 year old infielder with no MLB experience? I don't mind that trade. If Seager pans out then our infield is pretty much set already.

It's too bad we couldn't flip Alex Guerrero though. Dude deserves to go somewhere where he can get regular playing time.

So apparently because this is the final meeting between these two teams and the Mets are the home team, since they didn't get to bat and the game is suspended, the Mets win.

no that rule was taken out of the rule book. well thats what Gary Cohen said. game just gets suspended

Seems Gary was wrong. You're right! I'll take it.

Malvingt2

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
#Braves John Hart on Hector Olivera: "We liked the bat. He's affordable, and that will allow us to do more things."

They need to make headlines one way or another. All these Mets fans feeling sorry about themselves and as a Marlins fan, I hate you guys.

Part of me feels sorry for the Mets fans. Their ownership is starting to sink down to Loria's level. Pretty soon they will have a sub $75 million dollar payroll.

Jason Lieser ‏@PBPjasonlieser

#Marlins' Mike Hill: “I would hope our fans are educated enough to see what we’re doing here.”

From a non-traded Marlin: "This is some of the stupidest f------ s--- I've ever seen today. On the field, off the field, all of it."

Enron

Banned
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
#Braves John Hart on Hector Olivera: "We liked the bat. He's affordable, and that will allow us to do more things."

All these braves fans wanting to jump off the Bank of America building gonna feel real dumb when this guy is putting up a .280/.350/.450 line at 5 million-ish a year, money that Hart can go out and use to acquire a FA OF and C (Weiters, anyone?)

Part of me feels sorry for the Mets fans. Their ownership is starting to sink down to Loria's level. Pretty soon they will have a sub $75 million dollar payroll.

From a non-traded Marlin: "This is some of the stupidest f------ s--- I've ever seen today. On the field, off the field, all of it."

That's the end goal. Wilpons are using the Mets as a piggy bank to keep from having to pay back the Billion dollars, yes Billion dollars, they owe.

CLMZZOWWUAATkNm.jpg

Yanqui way

Top Bottom