• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

I guess he's just a fairweather Mets fan, can't handle it when they aren't on top like always.

Justin-Timberlake-Blank-Stare.gif

dude, don't

Meier

Justin Turner's amazing year made Hector Olivera a bit expendable especially since we have Seager waiting in the wings but didn't the Dodgers give Olivera a fucking massive signing bonus? Like something to the tune of $30 million or something equally insane? Surely we're not just eating that entire cost..right?

Malvingt2

Justin Turner's amazing year made Hector Olivera a bit expendable especially since we have Seager waiting in the wings but didn't the Dodgers give Olivera a fucking massive signing bonus? Like something to the tune of $30 million or something equally insane? Surely we're not just eating that entire cost..right?

yeah the whole thing.

BFIB

This is the Dodgers/Braves deal in a nutshell.

funny-gif-Donald-Duck-Daisy-coin-begging.gif

Meier

yeah the whole thing.

That's crazy. Can you imagine paying $30m to a player and him never even playing a second for your organization? I found an old article.. turns out it was $28m but he had a $2m salary for 2015.

Olivera gets a $28 million signing bonus, of which $12 million is payable within five days of approval by the commissioner’s office, $7.5 million by Aug. 1 and $8.5 million by Dec. 31.

Has there been any confirmation that we're on the hook for that remaining $16m?

BigAT

Not sure I see the point in Ackley. His OBP is only 5 points higher than Drew and he is actually slugging below Drew's numbers. Seems like an upgrade from awful to merely terrible, at best.

Malvingt2

That's crazy. Can you imagine paying $30m to a player and him never even playing a second for your organization? I found an old article.. turns out it was $28m but he had a $2m salary for 2015.

confirmed long time ago. Reason why you got damn Peraza and Wood.

Enron

Banned

Yes. You will have paid his entire 28 million $ signing bonus. One of the reasons why Bravos had to part with Wood AND Peraza - dodgers eating the Signing bonus, and taking on Bronson Arroyo's 10m in obligations.

Malo

Banned
Jack Curry @JackCurryYES: Small sample size alert...Ackley at Yankee Stadium: 17 games, .296/.397/.481, 2 HR, 9 RBI.

This is obviously another buy low move that's going to work out. Cashman does it again y'all.

Friggz

Jack Curry @JackCurryYES: Small sample size alert...Ackley at Yankee Stadium: 17 games, .296/.397/.481, 2 HR, 9 RBI.

This is obviously another buy low move that's going to work out. Cashman does it again y'all.

i dont actually hate the move. jose rameriz and flores i think are the ones that got the axe. Not a huge loss and ackley can have some upside with a change of scenery.

Meier

confirmed long time ago. Reason why you got damn Peraza and Wood.

Amazing. Well, I like Latos -- honestly wasn't familiar with Alex Wood but looks like he's been very solid for the Braves in his young career so that's good. No clue about this Peraza guy but he was apparently the Braves #1 prospect so I think we came out fine minus the insane cash dump on Olivera. Morse is complete shit and on the books for another year.. nice. Dodgers love absorbing multi-year contracts.

Enron

Banned
Amazing. Well, I like Latos -- honestly wasn't familiar with Alex Wood but looks like he's been very solid for the Braves in his young career so that's good. No clue about this Peraza guy but he was apparently the Braves #1 prospect so I think we came out fine minus the insane cash dump on Olivera. Morse is complete shit and on the books for another year.. nice. Dodgers love absorbing multi-year contracts.

All told, Dodgers will be taking on 43.5m in obligations.

Marz

I really hope the Yankees don't get rid of Aaron Judge. Got a good feeling about him and the Yankees need some power in the future.

jbug617

Banned

Yep. If you are left handed hitter you love Yankee Stadium.

Meier

All told, Dodgers will be taking on 43.5m in obligations.

Crazy. It looks like the Dodgers are actually not paying everything Arroyo is owed according to an AJC reporter:

@DOBrienAJC
#Dodgers covering all of Olivera $28M bonus, but not all of $ owed to Arroyo. #Braves picking up part of that

alstein

He should be good enough for you to shift Seagar to 3B. Best thing I can use to describe him is Andrelton Simmons but with a league-average SS arm instead of SImmons cannon.

Braves are betting Wood pulls a Tommy Hanson.

Top Bottom