• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Edwardo

CLMZZOWWUAATkNm.jpg

Yanqui way

A damn shame.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Rob Biertempfel ‏@BiertempfelTrib 7m7 minutes ago Cincinnati, OH

Sources: #Tigers will get Double-A SS/OF JaCoby Jones from #Pirates for Jaokim Soria

zroid

Banned
Rogers is like baller, so they can if they want to.

don't get your hopes up... I mean sure they can "afford it" but there's limited incentive in their minds to spend big on something so insignificant to their overall profitability. and there's also the issue that they're earning most revenues for the Blue Jays in CDN$, but spending in US$

Malo

Banned
Mets, Bills, Knicks.

Almost as bad.
Bills? You don't see many New Yorkers who are bills fans, at least, not in the city.

I'm Yankees, Knicks, Rangers, and Colts (Peyton Manning was my favorite player when I first got into football, remained a Colts' fan ever since).

Bills? You don't see many New Yorkers who are bills fans, at least, not in the city.

I'm Yankees, Knicks, Rangers, and Colts (Peyton Manning was my favorite player when I first got into football, remained a Colts' fan ever since).

Thurman Thomas was my idol, so gravitated to the Bills. So I'm basically just rooting for 4 teams (Rangers recently look like they might FINALLY DO IT) that I KNOW will always fail me.

lupinko

don't get your hopes up... I mean sure they can "afford it" but there's limited incentive in their minds to spend big on something so insignificant to their overall profitability. and there's also the issue that they're earning most revenues for the Blue Jays in CDN$, but spending in US$

Nah I'm not for it, I'm just saying Rogers has money. While I consider myself part of LeafsGAF, I'm not part of JaysGAF. So I don't have any real stake in AA going out and spending money. He can either become Pat Gillick or end up like Gord Ash or JP.

Draxal

Oh my God.

(The Rangers are at least giving him some good stuff.)

Honestly, the Rangers are the dagger in his heart as they came decently close a couple years back (kings were a much better team).

Of his four teams, the Rangers last won in 94, Mets 86, Knicks 75, Jets 69,

It's not like his partner is that much better Mets 86, Islanders 83, Nets 76 (Aba), Jets 69.

Think Evan is around 30 so he was only alive for the Mets one championship.

Mouse Cop

I love how the Marlins front office patronizes fans while defending themselves, "Oh if they were educated they would know".,well let's see Mike. Our farm was absolutely depleted due to the dumb trades you made this summer, "Hey let's trade our best prospect (Andrew Heaney) for Dee Gordon! Even if the Dodgers only asked for Nicolino (4th best)". You know what's a great idea? Trading Desclafani for Latos only for them to perform identical to each other except one of them is younger and under control longer, while the other is older and will leave in a year because he hates your organization.So now what was our strength, which was young pitching, is now a weakness. Because we gave up 2 of our starters for a rentals and Dee Gordon, who will absolutely jump ship or get traded soon. We traded our 1st round pick of 2 years ago, Colin Moran, for Jarred Cosart. The Marlins then DFA'd Jacob Turner, who is basically Jarred Cosart, because they are pretty much the same person. Our hitting sucks, because we can't create any kind of runs without Stanton and none of our position players get on base or hit. We have no 3B, a SS the organization loves who is freaking mediocre by any metric that isn't the eye test, no 1B and you're holding our CF ransom so he doesn't get Super 2 status.

Finally, you dump Latos and Morse along with out 35th pick, because it saves you money. Our whole team is basically being paid for by the Dodgers. Then, the excuse will be "No fans come to the stadium, we can't be competitive". NO ONE IS GOING TO WATCH YOUR MEDIOCRE TEAM GET BLOWN UP AGAIN.

I went to Game 5 against the Giants in '03, I saw Pudge tag out JT Snow at home while 65k people blew up in cheers. I went to Game 5 of the World Series where another 64k saw the Marlins inch closer to the championship. People will go to your games if you field a competitive team, but you need to spend money, and seeing as how that's not an option for this ownership, it will never happen.

My rant is over now, my team is worse than yours and I know it.

RBH

Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal: To #Brewers: Brett Phillips, Domingo Santana, Josh Hader, Adrian Houser.

Man, seeing all of these returns that these other teams are getting in these trades over the past couple of days makes me even more pissed off about the Olivera trade for the Braves.

Malvingt2

Brian McTaggart ⚾️ ‏@brianmctaggart
Astros announce trade with Brewers: OF Carlos Gomez and RHP Mike Fiers and int'l slot 76 in exchange for Phillips, Santana, Hader, Houser.

Top Bottom