• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Malvingt2

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
Craig Kimbrel remains in play in the market. Worth saying again: Yankees are positioned to take advantage if opportunities presented.

But Yankees do not want to give up top prospects.. so.. I don't see it

3N16MA

Banned
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
Craig Kinbrel remains in play in the market. Worth saying again: Yankees are positioned to take advantage if opportunities presented.

But Yankees do not want to give up top prospects.. so.. I don't see it

They have 4 that they won't touch or at least that is what was reported. If they won't deal any of those 4 for a SP then I can't see any of them going for Kimbrel. Maybe get something done if the Padres are willing to do a deal outside of the Yanks top 4.

Malvingt2

They have 4 that they won't touch or at least that is what was reported. If they won't deal any of those 4 for a SP then I can't see any of them going for Kimbrel. Maybe get something done if the Padres are willing to do a deal outside of the Yanks top 4.

After what the Padres gave up for him.. I doubt it. A least one has to go. Kimbrel is the best closer in baseball.

Malo

Banned
After what the Padres gave up for him.. I doubt it. A least one has to go. Kimbrel is the best closer in baseball.
And we have one of the best bullpens in baseball. Kimbrel is a luxury item that isn't needed.

I'm going to pissed if they end up acquiring a reliever and not a starter.

Malvingt2

And we have one of the best bullpens in baseball. Kimbrel is a luxury item that isn't needed.

I'm going to pissed if they end up acquiring a reliever and not a starter.

Right, I agree.. is a deal that the media on twitter keeps saying is good for them but I don't get it. Getting Kimbrel is not cheap or easy to do. Like hell? Padres could easily wait until this winter and get a better deal anyway.

I think they are going to try

Hawkins -> Sanchez -> Osuna tonight.

They definitely want this to be their 7-9. Maybe they switch Osuna and Sanchez.

If this works on a regular basis it will be just as important as Price or Tulo.

What did I say?

Anways, Jays selling a lot of tickets tonight.

Maybe Rogers will learn that opening their pocket books will make them money.

3N16MA

Banned

The way things are going it looks like he will have competition for that title. Chapman and Holland have been right there with him over the last 2.5 seasons and Betances is establishing himself as one of the best.

jbug617

Banned
Yovani Gallardo, who started Thursday night against the Yankees, is being pursued by at least five teams, with the Cubs, Blue Jays and Dodgers seen as the most aggressive parties to this point.

The Yankees, who have sudden pitching issues, and Giants are two more teams in the mix.

The Rangers, who are hoping to announce their big Cole Hamels deal Thursday night, are nonetheless realistic about their chances this year, which is why Gallardo may be moved.

Gallardo, 29 and a free agent after this season, was 7-9 with a 3.19 ERA and 83 strikeouts in 121 1/3 innings across 21 starts heading into Thursday's matchup with the Yankees. He began his career with the Brewers but was traded to the Rangers this past offseason.
http://t.co/Nmc5WsKGm8

To get Upton it cost them their top organizational prospect.

No shot they get a similar piece in return, especially if they want that team to eat any money.

TraBuch

Banned
Kimbrel: yeah probably, unless they attach Melvin Upton to him again

Upton: Nah, no way
Actually forgot Melvin was involved in that trade. It's a good thing we were able to save all that money and give it to an old RF with no range that's batted cleanup with an OBP higher than his Slug% most of the season.

Enron

Banned
Actually forgot Melvin was involved in that trade. It's a good thing we were able to save all that money and give it to an old RF with no range that's batted cleanup with an OBP higher than his Slug% most of the season.

You're like the Atlanta Frozenprince

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

It's more like they used Melvin's 2015 salary to get Touki and they'll use his 2016-2017 salary to get other players. Remember that they signed Markakis months before trading Melvin.

TraBuch

Banned
You're like the Atlanta Frozenprince
Naw, I've liked most of the moves Hart's made. The only ones I don't like are the Markakis signing and this latest trade. An extension for Gonzalez is also questionable, but it's not like we're doing anything next year anyways.

Malvingt2

Naw, I've liked most of the moves Hart's made. The only ones I don't like are the Markakis signing and this latest trade. An extension for Gonzalez is also questionable, but it's not like we're doing anything next year anyways.

how many time I have to see that number? :/

Top Bottom