• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Missed the last inning because it's raining like a mofo here. DirecTV 99% signal reliability my tookus.

Think I'm glad I didn't have to see it though...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Yankees seem disinclined to part with big prospects. #Padres claim they do not need to cut payroll. Truth will emerge at 4 p.m. ET.

Starters for Games 1-3 of a playoff series all but gone. Chances of landing Kimbrel hinge on #Padres’ desires - prospects or salary relief.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
#Yankees seem disinclined to part with big prospects. #Padres claim they do not need to cut payroll. Truth will emerge at 4 p.m. ET.

Starters for Games 1-3 of a playoff series all but gone. Chances of landing Kimbrel hinge on #Padres’ desires - prospects or salary relief.
I'll die if Kimbrel and Melvin get paired up again.

Enron

Banned
Keith Law's thoughts on Atlanta acquiring Hector Olivera:

nA6DpDF.gif

Uh, Keith Law is an idiot. Head on over to fangraphs or sbnation where people summarize the scouting reports. Fringey batspeed? Scouts pretty much praise him for having a quick bat and call his fielding "decent" at least.

Here's some

Here's some more

Even more

Scouts think he's a better overall player than Yasmany Thomas.

Come down off the ledge, guys.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Uh, Keith Law is an idiot. Head on over to fangraphs or sbnation where people summarize the scouting reports. Fringey batspeed? Scouts pretty much praise him for having a quick bat and call his fielding "decent" at least.

Here's some

Here's some more

Even more

I think there's a lot of rush to judgement going on with the trade, including by me. There is a chance it works out really well for Atlanta.

If Olivera gives you 2-3(+) WAR per year then he's providing a ton of surplus value, which is the gamble I think the Braves are making. Bird has some interesting upside, Paco is an improvement over Avilan, and having an extra pick next year could work out really well too.

RBH

Here's some

Here's some more

Even more

Well, I can certainly say that you've been a lot more optimistic about this trade than most people. I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm just not happy with the overall return for Wood and Peraza.

Top Bottom