• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

RGVNOE

horrible defense this inning, looks like Cards about to lose the game this inning

Edit:wow Seagrist horrible throwing to bases this inning

Yes because why should I criticize or be fed up with a team that's finished above third in the division a whopping one time in the last 7 years.

Anyway, I don't see the justification for the Yankees to be pursuing Kimbrel. Makes 0 sense for either party involved.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Yes because why should I criticize or be fed up with a team that's finished above third in the division a whopping one time in the last 7 years.

Anyway, I don't see the justification for the Yankees to be pursuing Kimbrel. Makes 0 sense for either party involved.

I would recommend chilling a little because if the Wilpons get murdered, you're going to be tops on the suspect list.

RBH

Keith Law's thoughts on Atlanta acquiring Hector Olivera:

Atlanta’s end of the deal makes far less sense to me, unless everything I’ve heard on Hector Olivera is off base. He’s played sparingly in Double-A and Triple-A this year, but has been largely out of action for the last five weeks due to a hamstring injury. He’s a below-average athlete with questions around his throwing arm because of possible damage to the UCL in that elbow, although he’s played mostly third base this year and will likely do the same for Atlanta. At the plate, he’s got fringy bat speed with plus raw power, the type of hitter who could poke 20-25 homers with a mid-.200s batting average if playing every day. He’s already 30 years old, and the five years Atlanta acquired take him into the typical decline period for hitters, so this is as good as it gets — but given how little experience he has in U.S. leagues the variance around that rough projection is even higher than it would be for most players. I just don’t see why Atlanta, a team retooling for 2017 and beyond, would give up Peraza and Wood to get a player who’s already on the wrong side of his 30th birthday and doesn’t appear to be a star.

nA6DpDF.gif

I would recommend chilling a little because if the Wilpons get murdered, you're going to be tops on the suspect list.

I'm not saying I'd do it.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy the guy that did a beer.

NS/JS.

Seriously though I'm done. The deadline is passing and ain't shit gonna happen for the Mests so.

Mouse Cop

As for hitting, it's not that they don't have talent, they just don't have plate discipline, and they don't take a lot of pitches (outside of Yelich). Being overly aggressive has produced a lot of easy ground ball outs/double plays. I am really frustrated that Frank Menechin has not been fired, because he is not getting the job done.

Dude everyone needs to go in the team. The hitting coach, the GM, the manager who was the GM who may be the GM again only to be fired later. The team is a mess and it's clear this front office isn't doing anything to get better. They literally signed Stanton because if they didn't, their veiled attempt of getting better would be shattered behind the truth. Nicolino sems like he can be decent, he'll probably be an innings eater kind of guy. Heaney was a legit 2-3 in the rotation, he's the better prospect and has more upside. He's definitely pitching better to expectation right now, but he's going to be a good pitcher.

Our hitting is riddled with holes, and largely by what you're saying. They have no plate discipline, so they don't get on base at all. Hech was hitting .280 and had like a .290 OBP, dude doesn't even know what a ball is. We're filled with AAAA players on our squad with Yelly and Stanton pretty much.

Not to mention we should've totally gotten Rodon instead of Kolek too. I hate this team man, I hate it but I love it so much. My most exciting deadline deal of recent memory was Arthur Rhodes....We haven't made a good trade since we did for LoDuca in like '04 man. We freaking suck and Mets fans are crying because their ownership sucks. You guys have 4 amazing pitchers that are all young and make your team good. You're a couple pieces away from being legit contenders! Zach W. for Bruce would be rough though man.

Yeah I like Olivera's potential with the bat, I do, but his elbow is a ticking time bomb. He's old, he's been harped on since he was in Cuba for playing out of shape, etc etc.

It's not the worst move, but it's carrying a ton of risk.

TraBuch

Banned
Yeah I like Olivera's potential with the bat, I do, but his elbow is a ticking time bomb. He's old, he's been harped on since he was in Cuba for playing out of shape, etc etc.

It's not the worst move, but it's carrying a ton of risk.
It's weird because Hart's M.O. has been to trade for players that've already had TJ surgery.

Top Bottom