• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Link

The Autumn Wind
What an amazing series.

Ughhh Syndengarrd is amazing. Rooting for the Mets. That rotation is going to be scary good. Sucks that Matz went down after only 2 starts.
Now they're saying Matz is going to be out until early September. The Mets training staff is something else.

What an amazing series.

Now they're saying Matz is going to be out until early September. The Mets training staff is something else.

Early sept was always how long he'd be out. I'm just amazed he isn't throwing yet.

Also

VICTORY SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH

victory-screech-2-o.gif

wbsmcs

Harvey, deGrom, Syndengarrd, Matz, Wheeler

Not following the Mets too much but do the first four seem to be leagues ahead of Wheeler? He seemed to be almost expendable this trade deadline...would they move him in the offseason for a bat?

BumRush

Not following the Mets too much but do the first four seem to be leagues ahead of Wheeler? He seemed to be almost expendable this trade deadline...would they move him in the offseason for a bat?

Wheeler is excellent but he's out with Tommy John until mid to late next year.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

I think its because of two reasons. One, he isn't going to be ready to pitch by opening day. Two, when he does pitch, he won't be the Wheeler of old. Pitchers coming off TJ surgery can take a bit to regain their form.

So trading him for a big bat made the most sense.

zroid

Banned
wow mets

I actually caught the end on Sunday Night Baseball radio while driving home. impressive.

I miss Thor ;-; glad he's doing well though

wbsmcs

He's been solid in his last 12. 10 quality starts.

ERA still around 4.20 shows how bad that April/May was though :/

I think he keeps it up. Having him, Price, and Buehrle going out there with 7+ inning potential almost every night is going to be huge down the stretch.

But yea...watching Thor strikeout Harper with that 100mph fb....wish we had that

zroid

Banned
It's so cute how AA and Rogers are trying to act like they didn't get totally fucking robbed of a once in a generation talent.

haha I don't think anyone believes that. Dickey gets a lot of grief for not living up to... whatever the hell he was supposed to live up to. More than he deserves, honestly

He's been solid in his last 12. 10 quality starts.

ERA still around 4.20 shows how bad that April/May was though :/

I think he keeps it up. Having him, Price, and Buehrle going out there with 7+ inning potential almost every night is going to be huge down the stretch.

But yea...watching Thor strikeout Harper with that 100mph fb....wish we had that

If the 2013 season hadn't been such a colossal disaster then the bitterness over the trade wouldn't even exist. And it wasn't really Dickey's fault anyway. Thanks a lot, Johnson and Morrow.

haha I don't think anyone believes that. Dickey gets a lot of grief for not living up to... whatever the hell he was supposed to live up to. More than he deserves, honestly

Idk what people expected of a 40 year old knuckleballer, but he's been pretty decent to good for a guy his age.

wbsmcs

Idk what people expected of a 40 year old knuckleballer, but he's been pretty decent to good for a guy his age.

All the hype leading up to that 2013 season...

And then his second start against the Red Sox...I remember getting to the game late and sitting down mid 1st inning and it was already 5-0 Sox, and just thinking 'fuck....'

In his first 15 games with the Jays he gave up 6+ runs 5 times. Had a respectable 3.5 era in the second half that year, but the let down early on just left a sour taste.

@masnCJ: Bryce Harper: "We saw all three of their horses twice in a matter of two weeks. They haven’t seen Scherzer since Day 1." #Nats

Harper gets so fucking salty when he loses I love it.

This isn't even true btw, we beat Scherzer OPENING DAY.

jman2050

Syndergard's ability to locate his fastball and curveball on the edges of the plate is insane for his age.

He has a tendency to throw meatballs over the plate because he's young and he'll do that but his stuff is good enough that he won't get killed for it as much as others. The fastball to Harper was actually in a pretty bad spot but when you throw it 100 mph with movement then even someone like Harper will swing right through it.

The control isn't quite there yet, but the command on his stuff at 22 years old is just nuts. It really is, I'v only ever seen anything like it once and that was Stras when he first came up.

Syrinx

Harper gets so fucking salty when he loses I love it.

This isn't even true btw, we beat Scherzer OPENING DAY.
I think that's what he meant.

Still, lol. It's almost like the Mets deliberately set up their rotation post-ASB to throw those guys at the team they're chasing for the division.

wbsmcs

Man I hope the Mets win the division. Nationals don't deserve a series win after shutting down Strasburg in 2012. It seems like such a cocky thing to think that they're going to be in that scenario every year, so they could punt one year. Their window may almost be closing the way the Mets are looking and Braves rebuilding.

Parch

If the 2013 season hadn't been such a colossal disaster then the bitterness over the trade wouldn't even exist. And it wasn't really Dickey's fault anyway.
Those comparisons are going to happen when you trade a top prospect. Same thing is going to happen with Norris.

Dickey finding his groove right now is another point of optimism for the current playoff push. He's pitching great, Buerle too, so if those two vets weren't having good seasons, this go-for-it trade deadline probably doesn't happen.

Malo

Banned
Apparently Yordano Ventura wrote some threatening tweets to Jose Bautista today and then deleted them.

welp
RHLrs6d.jpg

Ventura said that he used to look up to Bautista and respect him but not anymore. That he would love to see Bautista try that with him, the season isn't over yet, and basically saying next time he pitches against the jays something might happen.

Ventura is a shit head. He's lucky he doesn't pitch in the NL.

Loving the fact that the Astros keep winning. Back in May I was sure they were getting lucky, and was sure they would take a sharp drop down the standings.

Correa is 20 and the best player on the team. Can't wait till Springer comes back into the lineup, the trades were nice and a let the fans here in town now that Jim Crane isn't going to be afraid to spend the money when it's time.

Still can't get over the fact of how good Correa is, he has that "it". The last few years sucked, but things are looking nice now.

Mets in first place. Houston in first place. Cubs in the wild card. Toronto 1 game back for the wild card. It's shaping up to be very interesting down the stretch.

What a horrible story. As if the thing with Dusty Baker's kid in the world series like 10 years ago wasn't enough. They really shouldn't let such little kids be bat boys. Keep it to like 16 and up.

So when Donaldson gets hit, then thrown at the head 2 more times, he can't get upset? I wonder how you'd react? Just take it like a bitch and keep your mouth shut probably.

you sound like a cry baby, just like Donaldson. I'd get back in the box and try hit a homerun, it's head games! the whole point is to psyche you out. Donaldson knows he crowds the plate but he needs to sell to the ump that he's a victim. pitchers job is to make the hitters uncomfortable up there.

Did you even watch what happened?

1. Volquez hits Donaldson. This wasn't intentional and I think Donaldson was a little butt hurt for no reason.
2. Wolf issues warnings after the hit. Unnecessary. Warnings just make the whole thing worse.
3. Donaldson up again. Volquez throws up and in near the head. Yeah, I'd be pissed if I was Donaldson. I am guessing there was intent. Of course Wolf doesn't make good on his warning.
4. Tulo gets hit around the hand. I am actually not sure if this was intentionally. I don't think so. Still, Wolf sits on his warning.
5. Donaldson gets it up and in around the head. Same bullshit, different pitcher. This is the one Wolf should have thrown someone out for if he was going to do it. Wolf sits on his warning.
6. Sanchez throws at Escobar around the knees. Around the fucking knees. Donaldson has been getting shit around the head and now Wolf decides to throw someone for shit around the knees. Fuck him.

Wolf let this shit get out of control I am not even bothered with the Royals. I thought they played fine. Wolf was bullshit.

I have to say though, they Jays need to stop with this WWE bullshit:

Volquez annoys me too:

I saw what happened, Jays hitters like to crows the plate and think no one should come in inside to them. Red Sox used to do that against the Yankees a lot. it would drive me insane that Yankee pitchers would not throw inside to Manny Ramirez or Ortiz. there are consequences to crowding the plate.

RHLrs6d.jpg

Ventura said that he used to look up to Bautista and respect him but not anymore. That he would love to see Bautista try that with him, the season isn't over yet, and basically saying next time he pitches against the jays something might happen.

Ventura is a shit head. He's lucky he doesn't pitch in the NL.

HAHAHA I love it. more of this please.
like I said before, Blue Jays are getting way too chirpy for a team that's 2 over .500. take over one of the wild card spots and then we'll talk.

edit: also, go Mets.

Marz

I see my boy Joc Pederson who every team in MLB would do anything to get had another fantastic 0-4 day with 3 strikeouts after a couple days out of the lineup.

What a contributor.

Heh, I just noticed Duda's home/road splits. I was lucky and had him on a fantasy team during his latest barrage.

18 homers at home, 3 on the road. .663 slugging vs. .288! Eat your splitty heart out Josh Donaldson

Top Bottom