• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Shhhhhhh...

YipDRGb.gif

So Todd Ricketts is trumps buddy and is working in commerce as deputy secretary.

How big a scumbag is this guy, and is boycotting everything Cubs an overreaction if someone doesn't wish to support the administration financially in any known way?

Planning a trip to AZ and I'm leaning to not going to a Cub game either home or away.

So Todd Ricketts is trumps buddy and is working in commerce as deputy secretary.

How big a scumbag is this guy, and is boycotting everything Cubs an overreaction if someone doesn't wish to support the administration financially in any known way?

Planning a trip to AZ and I'm leaning to not going to a Cub game either home or away.

might as well just quit watching sports if you plan on boycotting powerful people with ties to trump

but yea, most of the rickettses are trash bags

might as well just quit watching sports if you plan on boycotting powerful people with ties to trump

but yea, most of the rickettses are trash bags

Fair enough, but there's a scumbag tolerance threshold everyone has. Serving a trump appointed position might exceed mine.

Every Cubs game will likely be SRO in AZ anyways.

Padre games should have lots and lots of great seats available.

Sigh.

He's pretty bad. It's one thing for a big business owner to support Trump and another thing to give him as much money and support as the Ricketts have been doing. Like, the DeWitts (STL owners) gave Jeb! $2700 this election - that's a far cry from the millions the Ricketts have spent on Trump, Cruz, Walker, etc

Laura Ricketts is good, though, so your money wouldnt be totally going to the administration.

Beckx

@darenw
More
Since joining @mlb in 2008 batters are hitting .121 vs Clayton Kershaw's curveball (113 for 936) w\ only 21 XBH and a 38% swing & miss %

this kid might amount to something someday

Malo

Banned
Jon Morosi

Postscript on Brian Dozier/#Dodgers talks: At one point, #Twins wanted Jose De Leon, Yadier Alvarez and Willie Calhoun in the deal. @MLB

Twins pls

BFIB

Would you like to wear that avatar for a couple more years?

I get to shed this soon, but 2018 is a little while yet......

I'll get back to you, fellow Alliance member.

In other news, Correa is stating that he reached out to MLB stating that the Astros hacked the Cardinals first.

I'm gonna have to just call bullshit on that........

Padres doing a "Celebrate San Diego Rally" on Feb 11.

Of note:

Don't forget your Chargers apparel! Exchange one piece of Chargers clothing or a Chargers hat for a $25 credit at the Padres Majestic Team Store good through May 4, 2017. This offer is good for one (1) Chargers item exchanged for one (1) store credit per adult (aged 18 and older). Multiple exchange locations will be open in the Park at the Park, but you are encouraged to line up early to minimize wait times.
So the Raiders seemingly botched their escape from Oakland :(

Poor A's

Hey Raiders, the Padres could use a new neighbor in San Diego...

In other news, Correa is stating that he reached out to MLB stating that the Astros hacked the Cardinals first.

I'm gonna have to just call bullshit on that........
Even if this happened, what does it matter? Is his justification some kind of grade-school logic here? "Hur, they hacked us, so I hacked them back."

You don't fight criminal activity with criminal activity you dunce. Enjoy prison.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
the damn thing looks like a fastball and then just dives down
And speaking of Kershaw. I guess they have a name for what he does. "Tunneling".

https://youtu.be/32CUSD36PBc

BP article:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=31030

havent read the full article yet but here is the opening:

One day I sat a dozen feet behind Maddux’s catcher as three Braves pitchers, all in a row, did their throwing sessions side-by-side. Lefty Steve Avery made his catcher’s glove explode with noise from his 95-mph fastball. His curve looked like it broke a foot-and-a-half. He was terrifying. Yet I could barely tell the difference between Greg’s pitches. Was that a slider, a changeup, a two-seam or four-seam fastball? Maddux certainly looked better than most college pitchers, but not much. Nothing was scary.

Afterward, I asked him how it went, how he felt, everything except “Is your arm okay?” He picked up the tone. With a cocked grin, like a Mad Dog whose table scrap doesn’t taste quite right, he said, “That’s all I got.”

Then he explained that I couldn’t tell his pitches apart because his goal was late quick break, not big impressive break. The bigger the break, the sooner the ball must start to swerve and the more milliseconds the hitter has to react; the later the break, the less reaction time. Deny the batter as much information—speed or type of last-instant deviation—until it is almost too late.

gamz

His mother was against Trump and poured their family money against trump.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-trump-ricketts-cubs-0322-20160321-story.html

In February, Trump via Twitter denounced a super political action committee opposing his campaign that is primarily funded by Marlene Ricketts, whose family owns the Cubs.

"I hear the Rickets (sic) family, who own the Chicago Cubs, are secretly spending $'s against me. They better be careful, they have a lot to hide!" Trump wrote.
Asked to respond to Trump's latest comments, a spokesman for the family referred to team Chairman Tom Ricketts' response last month.

"We stand up for what we believe in," Ricketts said then. "We support the causes we think are important. That is what America should be."

Todd has nothing to do with the Cubs.

My favorite part:

presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Monday elaborated on a cryptic warning he issued to the Ricketts family in February, suggesting he would take ads out saying they're doing a "rotten job" with the Chicago Cubs.

LOL!!!!

Edit: I made this thread back in March

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199496&highlight=trump+v+cubs

Ewwww....

Didn't know that. Whatever, I can't hate Tom. He's been a great owner and never talks politics or such.

Laura is good, too. Don't know how she became such a big Democratic donor being brought up in that family (she is a lesbian, but so is, like, Mary Cheney)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom