• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

It's why directv and the cable companies will be pushing the shit out of it. Try and get back the cord cutters.

They'll start with sports. And if baseball is available in 4K through the cable box I'd have to do it, even if it is on top of the mlb.tv package.

I honestly never even thought about that, since I'm so far removed from cable/satellite. Wouldn't it be compressed as hell? OTA high definition local channels already look better than what I used to get on DirecTV.

But I agree. If they can do it right I would be highly tempted. Probably an insane up charge for the UHD package.

Google fiber bro

That's what my parents and all my family uses in KC. No joy anywhere I've been stationed. I'd hop on board immediately. My aunt got their entry level package on some insane deal where she paid $300 and has Internet for 10 years. Parents are on the gig plan.

Admittedly tough play, but these Mets cannot field. Routine grounders to third, fly balls in the outfield...they can't.

At least they dumped Murphy.

Colon looking slightly slimmer. It's fun watching him balloon up as the season progresses.

Chris R

Colon looking slim lol

edit: Grabbed a cheap AM/FM radio to listen to some games this season. About time I did that after being pissed at missing a few Mariners day games last year.

BumRush

Admittedly tough play, but these Mets cannot field. Routine grounders to third, fly balls in the outfield...they can't.

At least they dumped Murphy.

Colon looking slightly slimmer. It's fun watching him balloon up as the season progresses.

To be fair, yo just plays like he doesn't care and Wright is a shell of his former self, but yup...playing against you guys doesn't help. You're built on defense and relentless hitting and we just can't field so it looks that much more glaring.

To be fair, yo just plays like he doesn't care and Wright is a shell of his former self, but yup...playing against you guys doesn't help. You're built on defense and relentless hitting and we just can't field so it looks that much more glaring.

I feel bad for Wright cause dude is a class act and it's not his fault. Cespedes is lazy as shit and deserves the criticism.

And just like that, Infante has matched his 2015 offensive contribution.

Why. You use your best pitcher to close it out. A W is a W doesn't matter when.

It doesn't work that way. If it did, every team would have their top reliever take over for the starter and close out every game.

Dudes get tired. Yost is going to fire out Davis next inning to blow people up.

Again. So?

The difference between 77 appearances (which Davis will have plus some) and 78 is fucking nothing.

Bring in your big gun, close the game out.

Feels like you're missing the point or being deliberately obtuse. Davis can't consistently go two innings. He will be making an appearance.

If you try and use him for 4-6 outs a night, he'll wear down and stop being the Wadebot.

Doogdogg

What this bullshit when logging in on MLBtv:

Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, live national broadcasts of Major League Baseball events, such as the All-Star Game, and select live national broadcasts of MLB games occurring each Saturday with a scheduled start time after 1:10 PM ET or before 8:00 PM ET and select live national broadcasts of MLB games occurring each Sunday with a scheduled start time after 1:00 PM ET will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands)

Feels like you're missing the point or being deliberately obtuse. Davis can't consistently go two innings. He will be making an appearance.

If you try and use him for 4-6 outs a night, he'll wear down and stop being the Wadebot.

I'm not advocating using him every night, I feel like you're not listening.

You bring in Davis to close it because there are two off days and he's the best pitcher on either team.

Top Bottom