• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Chase17

Bradley almost had that, would have been crazy.

Anyways pitching remains bad :(

Edit: maybe pedey grab that triple for the cycle

RBH

Nice to see Matt Wisler looking much smoother so far this year. Now he just needs some major league quality defense behind him.
I'm really happy with Wisler. Looks like we've got one spot in the rotation locked down for the foreseeable future.

RBH

I am also pleasantly surprised by how well Rio Ruiz has been hitting at AAA Gwinnett, given his struggles last year and his young age. Would be nice to see him in September.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I am also pleasantly surprised by how well Rio Ruiz has been hitting at AAA Gwinnett, given his struggles last year and his young age. Would be nice to see him in September.
Supposedly his defense at 3rd has improved as well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
red sox strategy of hitting the ball to brandon guyer today has been very effective. what a fucking horror show out there today. dude cant play the OF

free mahtook

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Highest HBP/PA in MLB history (min. 700 PA)
Guyer: .052
Dietrich: .043
F.P. Santangelo: .040
Ron Hunt, Quentin, Craig Wilson: .039

and that was before him getting drilled about 30 seconds ago. Dude is the HBP god at least. 3 in 1 game today! He's getting hit at a ratio 2.5 times more than Craig Biggio.

should i get the burger with short ribs on top or brisket & burnt ends sliders for dinner?

BURNT ENDS why is this even a debate?

Burger with burnt ends and short ribs. Much better.

Danny-DeVito-Dancing-in-LA-Dodgers-Uniform.gif

Chase17

Well that was an interesting game. Price was bad. Starting to get even more worried about our pitching long term.

At least Betts and Bogaerts each seemed to be turning it around with this series.

Parch

I wonder how many fluke hits that Rickard guy gets tonight. At least make the Orioles win the game instead of giving it to them.

As much as I hate to agree with Zaun, he has a point. If you switch out Thole when Dickey was done, and then Martin gets hurt, then you don't have a catcher. Who's the emergency catcher? It's understandable why Thole wasn't removed.

Rocked my annual fitness test today. Getting a damn hotdog at Sonic to celebrate. You best believe with mustard, you tomato-semen loving bastards.

Not sure if you're just joking, but I was curious earlier today and searched for a follow-up to this tawdry tale.

http://deadspin.com/dont-worry-those-devastated-giants-fans-are-doing-just-1772115058

Turns out it was nothing and the internet's armchair detectives and body language experts were, surprise surprise, completely wrong in their assumptions.

On one hand, guilty as charged.

On the other, she's still engaged to an adult man-baby who wears a backwards ball cap and a glove to a baseball game. He also lacks spatial recognition to realize a ball is four feet foul.

Mistakes were made.

As much as I hate to agree with Zaun, he has a point. If you switch out Thole when Dickey was done, and then Martin gets hurt, then you don't have a catcher. Who's the emergency catcher? It's understandable why Thole wasn't removed.

The Jays' Nest podcast discussed this. They pointed out that Boston doesn't carry a personal catcher for Weight, and yet somehow they're managing to get through his starts.

I wonder if Atkins doesn't drop Colabello or Smoak and bring up one of the catchers. Would Montero be worse than either one of those guys?

Beckx

It would be real nice to see Cole get back on his game tonight. Its crazy. We have insane OBP but nothing is going right with the pitching staff this year.

No burnt ends. Short rib burger it is. Going to put both the sweet and spicy bbq sauces on it.

Turns out it was nothing and the internet's armchair detectives and body language experts were, surprise surprise, completely wrong in their assumptions.

The internet fails us again!

And yet, the internet is how this horrible false accusation was solved for the better!

The internet saves us again!

But this is how we got here in the first place!

The internet fails us again!

Parch

I wonder if Atkins doesn't drop Colabello or Smoak and bring up one of the catchers. Would Montero be worse than either one of those guys?
Martin caught Dickey last year and saw it as a challenge, but it's bloody hard and physically demanding. So giving him a day off and using the backup makes sense. Problem is the backup isn't very good. Jays mentioned they were shopping for a backup catcher during spring. I don't know if Montero is still capable, but I hope he's playing the position in the minors.

Parch

Not sure if you're just joking, but I was curious earlier today and searched for a follow-up to this tawdry tale.
http://deadspin.com/dont-worry-those-devastated-giants-fans-are-doing-just-1772115058
I saw this on Tim and Sid. Just frustration for grabbing a fair ball.
Even when people know they're not supposed to, it's instinctual to reach out and grab it. You can warn people until you're blue in the face and it's still going to happen.

Parch

Donaldson with the wardrobe malfunction.
Geez guys, make sure your equipment is serviceable. Imagine if that happened during a key moment in the World Series.

Dyson with the easy third base steal. Speed for days.

Bases loaded in both the first two innings, with only 1 damn run to show for it. That's not going to get it done against Detroit.

LOL trying to run on Alex Gordon. Sit down, Iglesias.

Parch

Justin Smoak is a Two True Outcome player
Triple-A Trappers had an outfielder named Valentino Pascucci who hated to swing the bat. He would either get a walk, a strikeout, or a home run.

One night I bet a guy in the stands that if Valentino got a K or a BB he would buy me a beer. Anything else and I would buy him a beer. He thought it was a sucker bet and eagerly accepted.
Pascucci got 2 walks, 2 strikeouts, and I got drunk.

zroid

Banned
Smoak BABIP Watch:

Still 1

Triple-A Trappers had an outfielder named Valentino Pascucci who hated to swing the bat. He would either get a walk, a strikeout, or a home run.

One night I bet a guy in the stands that if Valentino got a K or a BB he would buy me a beer. Anything else and I would buy him a beer. He thought it was a sucker bet and eagerly accepted.
Pascucci got 2 walks, 2 strikeouts, and I got drunk.
haha that's great

Top Bottom