• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Jays are finding such incredibly annoying ways to lose. You can't blame the rotation or bullpen either! It's the offence! This is not what I am used to!

I wonder who gets called up 1st, Brown? Kotchman?

Edit: maybe Montero?

BigAT

The Reds recap is hilarious.

tuyrKLd.png

WTF is going on with Houston? Season is young but I thought they'd run away with the AL West. Instead, they have the same record as the Twins...

Also, we get to witness the Orioles knock Chris Young all over Kauffman tomorrow. :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
WTF is going on with Houston? Season is young but I thought they'd run away with the AL West. Instead, they have the same record as the Twins...

Also, we get to witness the Orioles knock Chris Young all over Kauffman tomorrow. :(

Everyone is slumping but Altuve. :\

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
ESPN ‏@espn

In his last 16 regular-season starts, Jake Arrieta is 15-0 with a 0.54 ERA and two no-hitters. That is not normal.

Beckx

Cole looked back to normal last night. great fastball, mean slider. and the offense produced too. Love the way Harrison and Polanco play.

BFIB

It kills me to admit when a Cub does well....but Arrieta might be the best player in the game right now.

His past 24 starts in regular season:

21-1 0.84 ERA.

The one loss was when he lost to Cole Hamels. Who threw a no hitter to beat Arrieta.

Line_HTX

Obligatory slump gif

I don't have the gif... :(

XvZSyou.png

Beckx

Power Pro 2016 is out in a week and i've decided to look at the top posters list for thread and name all the kids in my first high school freshman class after you. which one of you will get drafted to the bigs and which one of you will end up a bread salesman?

best part about the cubs game last night wasn't the no hitter.

It was the fact it was 16-0

like combining all the worst possible ways to lose all in one

ridiculous

It kills me to admit when a Cub does well....but Arrieta might be the best player in the game right now.

His past 24 starts in regular season:

21-1 0.84 ERA.

The one loss was when he lost to Cole Hamels. Who threw a no hitter to beat Arrieta.

I need to take up pilates.

SI: How Jake Arrieta came back from the baseball dead

One day after the 2013 season Brittany and Jake were leaving a French bakery in their hometown of Austin when he noticed a Pilates studio next door. Arrieta has always been a workout omnivore, devouring any discipline that will make him better: yoga, Olympic weight training, visualization, sports psychology.... Pilates? Sounded interesting. Arrieta figured he would take one or two classes a week. He walked into the studio and signed up for a class with an instructor named Liza Edebor. “I pitch for the Cubs,” he told her.
“Oh, that’s great,” she said. “I never heard of you. Let’s see what we can do.”

“What I noticed from Pilates last year was that I have much better control of my body,” Arrieta says. “I repeat my delivery consistently. My balance is much improved. And the mental and physical toughness Pilates requires to complete movements the correct way have directly helped me on the mound.”

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Uc85udo.png

can't filter by number of starts but Arrieta right up there with Kershaw and that has some of his first half in there too.

cashman

Banned

Just early season noise at this point, but Texas always seems to own Houston. Since they've moved to the AL West the Rangers have not just won, but swept the Astros 9 out of the 19 series played against each other.

Parch

Everyone is slumping but Altuve. :\
Patience required. It's early.

There's a bunch of starting pitchers who are considered aces but are off to horrible starts. Assuming there isn't some sort of injury involved, you just have to be patient and wait for the real guy to show up.

crpav

Can anyone send the White Sox some bats? Especially Abreu? Never saw him struggle this bad before. The Cubs seem to have no problem with the runs.

Parch

How many days a week is a typical regimen? How long are sessions?
I'm not doing classes or anything like that. Just doing a pilates video specifically for the back usually 3 times a week. I've had a lot more success doing those pilates exercises that struggling to do yoga.

The ace of our staff is Steven Wright

fml

Mets-GAF, we'll give you literally any players across the system you want (except for X and Moncada) for Thor. Deal?

Hell we'll take DeGrom

Edit: fuck it, we'll take Matz. Let's get this deal done

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Power Pro 2016 is out in a week and i've decided to look at the top posters list for thread and name all the kids in my first high school freshman class after you. which one of you will get drafted to the bigs and which one of you will end up a bread salesman?

like combining all the worst possible ways to lose all in one

ridiculous

Whenever I create a Pawapuro My Life player, it's always a pitcher.

16 games into the year and the Cubs are already have a +60 RD

Remember a couple seasons back when the A's had some ridiculous RD for a while, and then they traded Cespedes and it all went to shit?

Top Bottom