• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Remember a couple seasons back when the A's had some ridiculous RD for a while, and then they traded Cespedes and it all went to shit?

ts8cUyv.gif

zroid

Banned
God DAMN. He's out for nearly a season.

I wonder who will be called up or is Travis healthy?

Travis not healthy yet. If they wanted to call up an equivalent player they might bring up Jesus Montero. But I think it might be Andy Burns, since he's more of a utility guy.

Beckx

Whenever I create a Pawapuro My Life player, it's always a pitcher.

in the high school sim you don't get to choose, you just get an incoming class and customize name/appearance. it's strangely addictive even though you don't even play the games, you just make some coaching decisions at key moments and hope for the best. in 15 sim years for 2014 I only got one kid joining my team with an S rank (A contact + S power) and he was godlike. got drafted in the first round and then i used him for a My Life save (anyone who gets drafted can be used in the other modes). but there was this other kid his year who had started rough but developed into a serious power hitter by 3rd year, but sadly he didn't get drafted and really did become a bread store employee.

Spizz

Banned
Oh man Colabello... Whyyyyyy

Also I'm going to the game on Sunday where Stroman was going to pitch, now they say Hutchison got called up and is pitching. Yay.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman

jose reyes appears to be in final stages. decision could come by next week (tho possible goes into following week)

Beckx

@BNightengale
The PED Colabello used is an oral steroid more known commonly as Turinabol, which was predominant during East Germany’s doping program.

you know it's serious when it's a staple of the Iron Curtain athletic programs.

I wonder how long it takes for someone (Steve Simmons?) to blame Shapiro for this.

Oh man Colabello... Whyyyyyy

Also I'm going to the game on Sunday where Stroman was going to pitch, now they say Hutchison got called up and is pitching. Yay.

At least you're guaranteed to see some scoring!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

One thing to understand about Colabello: His appeal already has been heard. Arbitrator ruled that suspension is warranted.

The ace of our staff is Steven Wright

fml

Mets-GAF, we'll give you literally any players across the system you want (except for X and Moncada) for Thor. Deal?

Hell we'll take DeGrom

Edit: fuck it, we'll take Matz. Let's get this deal done

Matz is a lefty that throws 97 with a plus curve.

If Wheeler comes back healthy and like he was in 14', I fully expect to get a shitload of spects for one or both of them.

Chris R

Sitting here at in n out, only to see Felix isn't starting tonight. Oh well, as long as the Mariners look good tonight I'll call today a success

This statement and the cynic in me make me very very wary of Jake Arrieta's recent success at the ripe age of 30

Arrieta's success comes from developing his sliding cutter (same pitch Kluber uses) from Bosio and fixing his awful mechanics where he showed the ball too much.

He's got the same velo he had with the O's. He's just got a much better pitch now.

Parch

Blue Jays did a pretty good job hiding the Colabello news until the appeal was settled. They've known for over a month. So be it. Gotta deal with it.

Bring on Oakland. Baltimore was getting on my nerves. They have a hot start and start thinking they're all relevant in the AL East. We'll deal with them later in the year when they know their role.

Top Bottom