• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Watching them turn that double was so great. I can't remember the last time we had a competent double play combo.

Conforto, too... So good.

Ass Dribble and
HxlpJrs.png
have been a fine combo so far. I'm not a big jersey guy but I'm gonna get a Conforto one to wear when I go to Citi Field this season.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Watching them turn that double was so great. I can't remember the last time we had a competent double play combo.

Conforto, too... So good.

Watching them is a joy compared to Ruben/Flores and Murph. Those two made everything hit to them an adventure.

Edit - Wow at that stat of first 77 games for Conforto.

zulux21

the white sox are likely going to be awarded an interference triple play.
the guy grabbed the second baseman's leg during his slide while they were working on the triple play (kicker the guy would have been safe on first but it should be ruled an illegal slide with the new rules), it should be interference like earlier in this season.

if so baltimore will make me laugh more.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
the white sox are likely going to be awarded an interference triple play.
the guy grabbed the second baseman's leg during his slide while they were working on the triple play (kicker the guy would have been safe on first but it should be ruled an illegal slide with the new rules), it should be interference like earlier in this season.

if so baltimore will make me laugh more.

That is dumb. He didn't even make an attempt to throw to first.

zulux21

That is dumb. He didn't even make an attempt to throw to first.

doesn't really matter, you can't grab the guys leg. it's against the rules now and it's an illegal slide, and by the rule if you do an illegal slide like that the guy on first is out.

it will be interesting to see how they rule it.

edit: they ruled it safe.

it seems that they are ruling he didn't grab the leg even though he obviously did to the point of pulling on his pants o_O

robin just got ejected, I am also assuming the white sox are going to play under protest now because the rule clearly states you can't grab the leg like he just did.

don't really care to much that he wasn't ruled out as he shouldn't have been out, but it is really annoying to see a new rule not enforced the same way all the time, especially since it always seems like the white sox are on the losing end when the rule is ruled a different way.

zulux21

I wonder if he had tried throwing to first and it was thrown away if they would have been awarded the triple play on the grab.

aka I wonder if this is another case like when a runner is running inside the line that you should just throw it right into their back to get the interference call instead of trying to throw it around them and throw it away and not get it.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
NOMAR BRINGIN' THAT HR BACK DOWN LIKE HE IN THE NBA

billeh

I wonder if he had tried throwing to first and it was thrown away if they would have been awarded the triple play on the grab.

aka I wonder if this is another case like when a runner is running inside the line that you should just throw it right into their back to get the interference call instead of trying to throw it around them and throw it away and not get it.
They probably didn't award the triple play because even with no interference he had no chance.

zulux21

They probably didn't award the triple play because even with no interference he had no chance.

which is really how the rule should be written/enforced, don't get me wrong.

but it hasn't been how it has been written/enforced

and they haven't announced any rule changes that I know of, thus it should be enforced the same way each time until they officially fix the rule (otherwise it just causes frustrations when it keeps switching on how it is enforced).

Rules need to be as clear as possible. As it is currently written there isn't anything about if the runner would be safe anyways or anything. The interference call as it currently stands is designed to punish unsafe slides, and by the current rule that was an unsafe slide and thus the guy on first should have been out as well.

edit: either way hopefully the white sox get out of the 6th without giving up more, and do a little more of their 7th inning magic to at least tie if not take the lead. as losing a few games after a long winning streak is normal, but baltimore has basically been trying to give this game away and thus it is annoying the white sox aren't running away with it :p

zulux21

I don't see the point of the review here, his foot hit the plate well before the tag, and I am not even sure if the tag even hit him.

ideally this delay causes the pitcher to lose his control and the white sox can get a few runs out of it.
not clear but that is when the foot is on home compared to the tag :p

edit: ah... it was a ploy to get his bullpen pitcher more time to warm up.

edit 2: not the tie I was hoping for but at least 1 here. Just hold them, get one more in the 8th, hold them get 1 more in the 9th, and then hold them and go home winners.

Top Bottom