• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Oh, Pittsburgh. Defense falling apart. Stewart, hold on to that ball on the tag at the plate!

You didn't see the ball that Polanco just watched go over his head after he set up to catch it. He was shocked that it went 5 feet over his head. Okayish lol.

Eh. There are worse outfielders than him with a much worse offensive production. I don't think the Pirates should be all that worried.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
hlbZek7.jpg

i like this new julio. two back to back great starts.

And now Marte completely misses his cutoff man and the Reds go up in the 9th. Pitt is usually so solid defensively, this is an ugly game.

harSon

Banned
Polanco is not a good outfielder, Pittsburgh.

And Tulo is dog feces.

Polanco is a serviceable outfielder, and as people have said - he's still extremely young. If you want to have a discussion about defense, it should be about moving Marte to CF - who is better defensively than Cutch and doesn't have arm strength that is a liability.

Our big issue is pitching though. Particularly the bullpen which has collectively been a dumpster fire.

RBH

Mallex Smith can't catch a break with replay. Been screwed over 3 times in like 3 games.

I'm glad that he's been starting to find his swing at the major league level over the past few games. It would be nice to have Mallex in LF and Inciarte in CF.

Speaking of which, any update on Inciarte? Seems like it's been ages since we've heard much of anything about his recovery

Windu

I'm glad that he's been starting to find his swing at the major league level over the past few games. It would be nice to have Mallex in LF and Inciarte in CF.

Speaking of which, any update on Inciarte? Seems like it's been ages since we've heard much of anything about his recovery
could return next week

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

He might be activated for the series against the Mets, but it looks like his first game will be Friday.

harSon

Banned
As awful as our pitching is, it's nice to see the offense basically firing on all cylinders (minus Cutch)

So many of our bats overachieving thus far. I know it'll regress, but it's pretty fun to watch for now!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The throwing error was bad, but I think throwing a 3rd consecutive slider to Russell was worse. Should have gone fastball up.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Mallex with another 3-hit day

Nice
I was assuming he'd get sent down, and I'd prefer that so they can save a little service time. But he probably doesn't have anything left to learn in AAA either. I'd like to see an alignment of Markakis in left, Smith in center, and Inciarte in right. With Inciarte's arm strength, I think that makes the most sense.

Windu

I was assuming he'd get sent down, and I'd prefer that so they can save a little service time. But he probably doesn't have anything left to learn in AAA either. I'd like to see an alignment of Markakis in left, Smith in center, and Inciarte in right. With Inciarte's arm strength, I think that makes the most sense.
i think Stubbs will be released and Mallex will stay.

howie kendrick has been absolutely terrible

is he still pouting because no one wanted him in the offseason

He's been terrible for years, tbh. The anti-clutch. Pretty sure he gets all of his hits when it doesn't matter. When it's a tight game he's like a perfect machine that hits into double-plays every time.

He's been terrible for years, tbh. The anti-clutch. Pretty sure he gets all of his hits when it doesn't matter. When it's a tight game he's like a perfect machine that hits into double-plays every time.

really i thought he was pretty good last year.. finished the season hitting .295

never one for power but could hit good pitching

his defense was never great according to the advanced analytics

right now tho hitting .143 with 0 rbis

really i thought he was pretty good last year.. finished the season hitting .295

never one for power but could hit good pitching

his defense was never great according to the advanced analytics

right now tho hitting .143 with 0 rbis

Well, like I said, he gets his hits, I just think he mostly gets them when they're not critical. Like when the Dodgers are already winning or losing by 5, he'll hit singles all day.

Top Bottom