• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I know I've been jizzing over Jason Groome since like October, but I've decided I want Kyle Lewis. The team could really use a right-handed power bat in LF. Then in the offseason they can sign Strasburg and Cervelli and potentially run out this roster next season:

Code:
2B Ozzie Albies (S)
SS Dansby Swanson (R)
1B Freddie Freeman (L)
LF Kyle Lewis (R)
3B Rio Ruiz (L)
C Francisco Cervelli (R)
RF Ender Inciarte (L)
P Pitcher
CF Mallex Smith (L)

SP Julio Teheran
SP Stephen Strasburg
SP Matt Wisler
SP Aaron Blair
SP Sims/Newcomb

BP Vizcaino (R)
BP Rodriguez (L)
BP Gant (R)
BP Jenkins (R)
BP Kinman/Banuelos (L)
BP Cervenka (L)
BP Folty

That's a wild card contender.
I'd say there is a very good chance they will draft Kyle Lewis. College Bat, GA kid, comparisons to Heyward.

BigAT

YanksGAF, we may not have wins, but at least we have this:

FqSTX83.gif

Oh my...
giphy.gif

Windu

And with his tools and the way he's hitting, he's probably not even a stretch at #3.
if we draft him i doubt he would be ready so soon though. Also I think mike foltynewicz sticks in the rotation and figures it out.

The Cardinals Way!

St. Louis pitcher Carlos Martinez being sued for negligent transmission of an STD.

According to a court document obtained by the Post-Dispatch, the lawsuit filed in Miami seeks more than $1.5 million and accuses the pitcher of a negligent transmission of a sexual transmitted disease, It seeks actual and special damages along with mental anguish and exemplary damages. It also seeks punitive damages because of outrageous actions.

It's gonorrhea a long, drawn out trial.

zulux21

ah, the white sox are finally getting some respect.

ESPN has them as the third best team in their power rankings and bleacher report put them as number 2.

playoff odd sites also finally have them above the Indians in odds to win the AL central :p

mock draft from MLB.com (Jim Callis and Jonathan Mayo)

They have the Reds taking Kyle Lewis at 2.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/175743496/aj-puk-at-no-1-in-latest-mlb-mock-draft?topicid=151437456

pEmxIwo.jpg

I could see the white sox taking a catcher with their first round pick if a good one is out there, they are in serious need of catching depth.

Windu

ah, the white sox are finally getting some respect.

ESPN has them as the third best team in their power rankings and bleacher report put them as number 2.

playoff odd sites also finally have them above the Indians in odds to win the AL central :p

I could see the white sox taking a catcher with their first round pick if a good one is out there, they are in serious need of catching depth.
Callis has them taking a catcher.
Callis: Zack Collins, C, Miami. There are mixed reviews about his ability to stay behind the plate, but Collins' bat has him soaring up Draft boards and gives him star potential even if he moves to first base. (First mock: Jordan Sheffield)

The Cleveland Racists were never even going to factor into the division this year, but that hasn't stopped the experts from beating that dead horse for two straight seasons.

I would usually consider the defending champs as the team to beat in the division, but I don't see Detroit under performing again this year. I'd say they are the team to beat.
The Royals will win the division.

zulux21

Callis has them taking a catcher.
yup I saw that. really the only two things i could see the white sox taking are a catcher or a pitcher. Their track record with pitchers over the last 5 years has been great, with position players... not so much.
The Cleveland Racists were never even going to factor into the division this year, but that hasn't stopped the experts from beating that dead horse for two straight seasons.

I would usually consider the defending champs as the team to beat in the division, but I don't see Detroit under performing again this year. I'd say they are the team to beat.
The Royals will win the division.

I think it is going to be an exciting season with the white sox, tigers and royals fighting it out all season
with the white sox taking the division
there is a very good chance that both wild card teams come from the AL central this year.

quite frankly if it ends up with the white sox winning the division and KC and tigers being WC I hope the tigers win as they seem like they would be the easier team to dominate with good pitching. we will have to see though, plenty of baseball left.

The Colby Rasmus effect.

So easy even an caveman can do it.
sm2wEJI.jpg

I think it is going to be an exciting season with the white sox, tigers and royals fighting it out all season
with the white sox taking the division
there is a very good chance that both wild card teams come from the AL central this year.

quite frankly if it ends up with the white sox winning the division and KC and tigers being WC I hope the tigers win as they seem like they would be the easier team to dominate with good pitching. we will have to see though, plenty of baseball left.

Could be. Winning games in the division is going to be huge. We took 2 of 3 from Detroit, and have 7 against you guys later this month. It's super early, but I'm clinging on to the Royals Magic.

RBH

i

Shelby Miller is still without a win a month into his time with the Arizona Diamondbacks. The team's general manager thinks the right-hander is putting too much pressure on himself after being the centerpiece of a major December trade.

Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart told SiriusXM MLB Network Radio on Sunday morning that Miller is trying to live up to the hefty price the team paid to acquire him from the Atlanta Braves. The Diamondbacks' package to Atlanta included shortstop prospect Dansby Swanson (the No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 draft), outfielder Ender Inciarte and pitching prospect Aaron Blair.

"Shelby Miller, I think it's more, really, he's just feeling some pressure: of the trade, the players that we traded for him, trying to fit in," Stewart told MLB Network Radio. "I think the whole ordeal has just been different for him than it was leaving St. Louis going to Atlanta."

Miller, 25, lost an National League-worst 17 games last season with the Braves after they acquired him in a trade that sent outfielder Jason Heyward to the St. Louis Cardinals. But he had a 3.02 ERA in a career-best 33 starts for the Braves, who finished last in the NL East (67-95) and scored an NL-worst 573 runs, offering little offensive support to the pitching staff.

On Sunday afternoon, Miller again struggled, failing to make it out of the fourth inning, and fell to 0-3 as the Diamondbacks lost to the Colorado Rockies. Miller's ERA is 8.49 through six starts.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...wart-shelby-miller-feeling-pressure-big-trade

zulux21

ichiro is now only 54 hits away from 3k.

I wonder if 3k will happen in july august or sept (though he only has 11 hits so far this year... but he doesn't have a ton of play time as he is hitting .314)

Windu

Sean Burnett is opting out of his minors deal with the Dodgers and is signing a minors deal with the Braves.
yep. also:
The #Braves are expected to add a few position players today. Brignac and d'Arnaud and Tuiasosopo might all be here tonight.
i wonder who is getting cut. hopefully Stubbs and Francoeur.

Top Bottom