• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
David O'Brien
‏@DOBrienAJC

#Braves Fredi: "4 runs in the 1st inning for us is almost like 10. They almost hit more home runs in 1 inn. than we did the month of April"

He continued, "and I can't believe they haven't fired me yet. I'm shocked, honestly."

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
So historically speaking, what team has the worst record following a World Series win?

No reason, just asking

zulux21

So historically speaking, what team has the worst record following a World Series win?

No reason, just asking

DdXJY6n.png
there you go.

kris.

Banned
the number of baserunners we've left stranded is fucking frustrating, man. we can't manufacture a run for shit right now.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
At this point I don't even give a shit about losing.

What pisses me off is these mother fuckers are playing like people didn't pay money to watch them.

Watching Cain not even make an effort for that hit out in center left made me want to put my foot through the tv.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
At this point I don't even give a shit about losing.

What pisses me off is these mother fuckers are playing like people didn't pay money to watch them.

Watching Cain not even make an effort for that hit out in center left made me want to put my foot through the tv.

Maybe they have gotten too comfortable? They have made the WS the past two years and now they think they just have to show up to the ballpark and the WS will wait for them at the end.

zroid

Banned
I saw this on a blog

Here's what I think.... colebello was the fall guy for a pitcher that was using. The training staff knew, and the team made the decision to make him the guy, because he is just a fringe player, compared to another potential pitcher. A pitcher losing 80 games is a big deal for the jays this season, but if Colabello loses 80 games it's no big deal. If colabello is telling the truth, then it could be plausible that the training staff needed to have a clean sample for a possible star player who the training staff would knew would not pass the drug test. Therefore they could have switched or tampered with the sample to let a fringe player like colebello take the fall for another star player that would be an asset to the season. For example, a starting pitcher. Colabello's sample was a drug used in the 80's olympics not even stuff that players normally use. Just a theory.

Anyone have any theories or agree?

lolololol

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Best game of the year so far was played today in Canada.

But what I really came to post about was how big of a fucking dirty-diapered baby Bautista is - throwing a hissy fit after being called out on the inside corner. Shut up with your pre-puberty girl voice and get your "Father Figure" -era George Michael beard out of the batters box and go sit down on the bench. Poor sport when he wins, sore loser when he loses. Seriously, what a royal douchebag.

zulux21

man this red sox vs white sox series has rediclously similar pitching going each night.

tuesday night
vs

those are two very good very similar lines... but these pitchers are 4 years apart in age, the next two nights are also goofy

weds night.

vs
two 31 year old pitchers each both crappy.

thursday night
vs

two 23 year olds with similar mediocre lines (though obviously rodan's is a bit better with more innings)

little random side note. Every single game the white sox have lost have been lost by one of the three pitchers listed here :p

either way it should be a really fun series and a preview for what some oct baseball could be this year.

Sanjuro

Can you leave room for a snack pack in my shoulder?

...Mr. Sandoval this is highly unusual.

Like one of those cracker packs with the red stick, but without the crackers.

Suture it with a fruit rollup.

Mother of God.

But what I really came to post about was how big of a fucking dirty-diapered baby Bautista is - throwing a hissy fit after being called out on the inside corner. Shut up with your pre-puberty girl voice and get your "Father Figure" -era George Michael beard out of the batters box and go sit down on the bench. Poor sport when he wins, sore loser when he loses. Seriously, what a royal douchebag.

joey-bats.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Actually, I can't disagree. Dude's been acting like he won Game 7 of the World Series since the bat flip. It's grating.

Chris R

I saw the Angles bat around and chase Rodon in the first inning of a game in Chicago.

Mediocre is not the word I'd chose.

Best game of the year so far was played today in Canada.

really?? are you sure you\re not the crybaby? cause that's what you are doing

joey-bats.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Actually, I can't disagree. Dude's been acting like he won Game 7 of the World Series since the bat flip. It's grating.

I don't think that is as much him as it is the Blue Jays marketing team that has been running it into the ground like it was the Carter home run. It was great but it got us out of the ALDS. That's about it.

I am not a huge fan of them giving out commemorative t-shirts this week for the ALDS win just because the Rangers are in town. Seems really tackle.

I don't think that is as much him as it is the Blue Jays marketing team that has been running it into the ground like it was the Carter home run. It was great but it got us out of the ALDS. That's about it.

I am not a huge fan of them giving out commemorative t-shirts this week for the ALDS win just because the Rangers are in town. Seems really tackle.

No, I mean the comments about the salary/contract, and the subsequent performance this year.

Wow, that's just... pathetic.

Top Bottom