• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

zulux21

like i said, don't think there is a match.
at least not for Julio Teheran, but I really don't think any team can match a trade for him. I mean it would basically need to braves to be in contention for him to move with another team trading their ace pitcher with a good deal but less control than teheran to get it done I think. which won't be happening this year.

in other news i am hearing news that Jerry Reinsdorf (owner of the white sox) has said that he doesn't plan on letting the cubs outshine the white sox, so there is a good chance the white sox make some other moves here potentially taking on some salary to better the team.

as I said in my last post, easiest place to upgrade right now is DH. But even there their current DH has started hitting a lot better.

RBH

I agree with Windu. Don't see a match there.

Also, Bill Shanks is a huge twat.

David O'Brien is also a twat:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Braves/comments/4how4h/dob_fredi_gonzalez_could_be_fired_but_hes_not/

slideshow_1002069022_1.jpg

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
oh hey, Cameron Maybin is playing with AAA Toledo. Lucas Sims just struck him out on 3 pitches.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Atlanta has 3 position players with an fWAR above 0. The highest fWAR on the team is 0.3. That's amazing, actually.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
1st inning and Bautista already being an emo baby.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Martin Perez though lacking any kind of put out pitch, is a serious double-play machine. Dude manufactures that shit

Chase17

Little upset we won't see the big Buchholz/Danks match up we were all looking forward too.

Should be interesting to see how we stack up to the white sox at the moment. All the I think we are avoiding sale this go around.

I knew enough to avoid this game. Watching the replay of my fav pitcher in NPB go for his 4th straight win instead.

Someone let me know when we're done playing you guys so I can enjoy US baseball again.

C'mon. If The Pirates need to at least compete with The Cubs if they want to make it to the playoffs.

Beckx

C'mon. If The Pirates need to at least compete with The Cubs if they want to make it to the playoffs.

if that happens it won't be til midseason & depends on whether both Glasnow and Taillon can have a real impact. if they do that should also help the bullpen a bit by moving guys like Nicasio into the pen.

The thing is, the Pirates seemed to be lulled into this sense of 'hey, we'll probably the first or second wild card team so lets turn on in midseason'

I do agree that the Buccos need to face their fears and take it to the Cubs.

Beckx

The thing is, the Pirates seemed to be lulled into this sense of 'hey, we'll probably the first or second wild card team so lets turn on in midseason'

you realize this is a storyline that played out in your head, right?

i mean, no one knows why management just decided to do nothing with pitching on the offseason (probably cost), but they did. that leaves us waiting for help from AAA, and that will take time. the offense is fine, so it's not like anyone is lulled into anything there. this is *exactly* what pirates fans were talking about all offseason.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
just queue up the Replay everytime Mallex comes up to bat. It seems like every time he hits it they review it. But also, first MLB HR! /cheer.

jehuty

YankeesGaf help me out. What will it take for Girardi to bench Headley, Arod, and Didi. As I watch this Yanks vs Orioles game, is just plain noticeable that certain players just don't care. Girardi has to do something, unless his plan is to get fired soon, which I think will happen if the Yankees go 8-20 or something like that.

Chris R

So serious.

It's been a long ass time since I've seen the team look so not dysfunctional (well most of the time at least). They held on to a one run lead last night in the 9th, even after letting the 27th out reach first on a wild pitch.

Kendrick up with bases loaded...

Probability of double play grounder... 92%

edit: whoa, a double. First extra base hit and first RBI of the season.

Top Bottom