• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

BigAT

Yankees:

3iWtN-.gif

Malo

Banned
Chelsea Janes

Stephen Strasburg has signed a "significant long-term extension" with the Nationals, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Chelsea Janes

Official announcement of the extension is expected tomorrow, according to that person. Terms, as yet, unclear.

Don't know credible she is. I hope it isn't true.

Edit: Looking like it's true. 7/200+ has to be the floor.

jbug617

Banned
Chelsea Janes

Stephen Strasburg has signed a "significant long-term extension" with the Nationals, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Chelsea Janes

Official announcement of the extension is expected tomorrow, according to that person. Terms, as yet, unclear.

A Boras guy signed with FA coming up in a couple of months? Strasburg must of really wanted to stay with Nats

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Chelsea Janes

Chelsea Janes

Edit: Looking like it's true. 7/200+ has to be the floor.

Given the circumstances, that would be extremely shocking.

CygnusXS

Consider me extremely shocked. Not only because he's a Boras client, but also because the next FA class is barren for pitching. It was Strasburg and then nobody.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Strasburg deal includes opt-out after year three or four.

Malo

Banned
Joel Sherman

Strasburg deal has rolling opt out after yrs 3 and 4. Has $7M possible in bonuses, $1M for 180IP in each season of 7-yr deal #Nationals
I wonder when will Beane will shop Gray. They can get a huge haul for him.
This upcoming off-season will be the best time to do it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wonder when will Beane will shop Gray. They can get a huge haul for him.

He might be broken:

Susan Slusser ‏@susanslusser

Sonny Gray leaves after 3 2/3 innings, Fernando Rodriguez takes over. Over his past 12 2/3 innings, Gray has allowed 17 runs.

Edit:

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman

with strasburg off board: among better FA SP: dickey, cashner, niese, weaver, medlen (team options on gio, garcia, hammel)

Against Kersh? Just give him an L already.

Who gives a shit about wins and losses when it's Bartolo Colon vs Kershaw? Holy crap that's the matchup of the decade right there.

You Dodger fans can't ever just sit back and enjoy the game for what it is when it presents you this gift? It has to only be about the W and Ls?

I've seen Nolan, Tom Seaver, Gaylord, Quisenberry, Tanana in his slop throwing heyday, Maddux, Steve Carlton, etc etc and I don't remember who won any of those games. I just remember witnessing greatness.

But not greatness can top 2016 Bartolo Colon. Dudes the definition of majesty.

If you can't see that, I just feel sorry for you. You're dead inside.

harSon

Banned
The Niese trade was such fucking trash. On paper, and in reality. We could have brought up some scrub from AAA to give up home runs like hotcakes, instead of trading away a serviceable infielder.

CygnusXS

The Niese trade was such fucking trash. On paper, and in reality. We could have brought up some scrub from AAA to give up home runs like hotcakes, instead of trading away a serviceable infielder.

This is where being a low spender really hurts. Slim margins for error.

Top Bottom