• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

zroid

Banned
Lexxus is prob sleeping so

41nnJlx.gif

it's obviously easier to have fun when you are winning, but for the first time in years the white sox look like little kids just playing for the sake of trying their best.
they are having a blast together and have a bunch of silly things that pump each other up.

Does Melky Cabrera still hug the other team's players when he reaches base? I loved that about him last year, Goose Gossage be damned. Our commentators would give him shit, but dude has fun and marches to his own drum.

zulux21

Does Melky Cabrera still hug the other team's players when he reaches base? I loved that about him last year, Goose Gossage be damned. Our commentators would give him shit, but dude has fun and marches to his own drum.

He seems to be doing more of an airplane thing this year where he is often spreading his arms out like he is going to do an airplane run after reaching base and then breaks into a clap. though recently it has been more just clapping for himself.

Him and brett lawrie are really bringing the energy in general though.

also, in regards to the running into the runner I was talking about. the play in question.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/bra...bpr=2227375350

can see the view from suntrust park seats now. season tickets are now on sale to the general public.

pXUqxxG.jpg

put a fench up top. no more people jumping off the back like turner field i guess.

and the right field wall doesn't look too bad. wonder how the bounces will be off of that glass though.

ziWdhNg.jpg

also these season tickets are expensive....

edit:

left field wall, very short.

O6x6BFJ.jpg

edit 2: damn these are nice seats. tables with dedicated tv screens and chairs behind homeplate. (all sold out though)

pSUSC10.jpg

He seems to be doing more of an airplane thing this year where he is often spreading his arms out like he is going to do an airplane run after reaching base and then breaks into a clap.

Him and brett lawrie are really bringing the energy in general though.

I was with you all the way up until Brett Lawrie. Dude is a giant tool. Still love Melky, though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Congressional Subcommittee to have a hearing on daily fantasy sports

The NFL, NBA, NHL and Major League Baseball also were invited to testify but declined. The NBA has equity in FanDuel, and commissioner Adam Silver has called for Congress to "adopt a legal framework that allows states to authorize betting on professional sports, subject to strict regulatory requirements and technological safeguards."

The NBA did not respond to multiple emails inquiring about the hearing.

The NHL and Major League Baseball have equity in DraftKings. The NFL does not have any deals with FanDuel or DraftKings at the league level, but 28 of 32 teams have sponsorship or marketing agreements with the companies, and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones have equity in DraftKings.

zulux21

I was with you all the way up until Brett Lawrie. Dude is a giant tool. Still love Melky, though.

I know Brett Lawrie gets a lot of hate, he seems to be very good for the team though. Reminds me a ton of A.J. Pierzynski back in 2005 which kept the team fired up and lead them to a world series victory.

but it's very obvious he has had a large impact on the team, as all of the sudden this year like half of my team is wearing mouth guards like Brettt Lawrie has lol.

Feel bad for Storen but that's the right call.

Papelbon is the only one that can cure the curse he put on Storen.

Same, but as zroid pointed out, he was close to giving Gibby a heart attack.

I wonder what's going on. Based on nothing but anecdotal experience, I would expect an NL pitcher to experience some regression coming into the AL, but Storen is going full Delabar here. It's extremely worrying (less so than Bautista, Martin and Tulo though).

Even more so given that Tulo has decided to whiff his way out of the league. One shitty batter with a sexy glove is ok, 2 is death to this team.

Hitting in extended spring training, but as of a week and a half ago he hadn't played the field in a live game yet. Probably not back within the next week, but hopefully not much longer than that. Goins may be good in the field, but there's no way his glove makes up for OPS+ of 18.

Goins is going, going, gone.

Even more so given that Tulo has decided to whiff his way out of the league. One shitty batter with a sexy glove is ok, 2 is death to this team.

Tulo is going to turn it around now. Any day now.

Beckx

I hope he gets posted this offseason

I am betting no because (1) "people close to the league" said the posting deal b/t MLB and NPB would not be re-negotiated because it "would not be used this offseason" (but take that with a grain of salt) and (more importantly) (2) he hasn't been pitching great and seems like the kind of guy who wants to be acknowledged the best in Japan before leaving. Plus his value to the Fighters is now way higher than what they can get posting him, so any deal would need to be really creative to avoid the posting system and make everyone happy. I'm guessing he'll post in the 2017 offseason at the ripe old age of 23.

RBH

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/bra...bpr=2227375350

can see the view from suntrust park seats now. season tickets are now on sale to the general public.

pXUqxxG.jpg

put a fench up top. no more people jumping off the back like turner field i guess.

and the right field wall doesn't look too bad. wonder how the bounces will be off of that glass though.

ziWdhNg.jpg

also these season tickets are expensive....

edit:

left field wall, very short.

O6x6BFJ.jpg

edit 2: damn these are nice seats. tables with dedicated tv screens and chairs behind homeplate. (all sold out though)

pSUSC10.jpg
I hope the final seats in the stadium aren't green. Just a weird color contrast to everything else.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I hope the final seats in the stadium aren't green. Just a weird color contrast to everything else.
yeah green isn't a great color for seats. sadly i think that will be the case. in the renders they are green as well.

Top Bottom