• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

wbsmcs

Ugh what is going on with the Jays offense...

After they destroyed Holland I thought that that would be a set off point, but now they haven't even been able to touch Peavy or Cain.

Thank goodness for Sanchize and the best free agent pitcher signing of the year.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
lmao AGon

thought he had a homer and got gunned out from Cespedes at the warning track trying to get to second

element

holy-grail.jpg

I'm just waiting for the Mariners to have a promo night about Dae Ho!

I want the record to show that I was a J.A. Happ fan before it was cool. K?

Since, like, before he left the Jays the first time.

I'm happy to see him doing so well.

wbsmcs

I want the record to show that I was a J.A. Happ fan before it was cool. K?

Since, like, before he left the Jays the first time.

I'm happy to see him doing so well.

Everything is just screaming for him to blow up though :(

Loving the outcomes but underlying numbers are some of his worst:

Lowest SO% of his career

HR rate similar to previous years in Toronto

30% Ground into Double Play rate which is highly unsustainable.

I HOPE I AM WRONG!!! I'm just scared for the next time he pitches in Fenway or Yankee Stadium.

Lowest SO% of his career

I HOPE I AM WRONG!!! I'm just scared for the next time he pitches in Fenway or Yankee Stadium.

Shush, you.

I hope you're wrong too. You didn't need to tell me these things.

wbsmcs

TULOOOOOO

Lets get that average above 250 by June!

Omgggg why are they reviewing if he stepped on the bag...I want to get into bed before 1!!!

zulux21

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you stupid rangers...
stop fighting back. just lay down and accept your defeat >.<;

edit:

F@#*()@*#@()*#@()#*@()#*@#(@*#@()*#()@*#@()#*@()#*@K

here's hoping the white sox at least do something in the 9th as this would be a deflating loss if they just go 1-2-3 in the 9th.

zroid

Banned

Lowest SO% of his career

Well, his ERA this season is like 2 or something so there are obviously unsustainable factors at play here.

That said, his GB rate is way up which makes the K rate less of an issue, probably. It's also helping him pitch deep into games which is not even something he did in Pittsburgh, if I recall correctly.

Makes me wonder if the focus on efficiency over Ks is something from the coaching staff / organizational philosophy.

zulux21

Your sadness comes from the loss of hope. We've forgotten what hope is.

I know I am just being overly dramatic, it's just it's such a loss I got used to seeing the last few years when my team was horrible and thus it really stung.

hopefully they come back and do well tomorrow (though I doubt it, latos has looked bad his last two outings and I doubt he is going to right that ship)

on the plus side over the weekend the white sox have sale and quintana against the yankees. that should right things.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so... damn... depressed now.

this must be what it feels like to be a braves fan right now @__@
the braves have stacked farm system and some good young players on the mlb team. so there is always something fun to watch imo for braves fans. And of course expecting to lose every night helps.

I would rather be a braves fan right now than an Angels fan.

Branduil

the braves have stacked farm system and some good young players on the mlb team. so there is always something fun to watch imo for braves fans. And of course expecting to lose every night helps.

I would rather be a braves fan right now than an Angels fan.

Has any player been as wasted as Mike Trout is going to be?

rando14

Marc Normandin &#8207;@Marc_Normandin
The Cubs run differential of +103 is also higher than their end-of-season 2015 run differential (81). They won 97 games last year.

Cubs could break the win record...

crpav

I know I am just being overly dramatic, it's just it's such a loss I got used to seeing the last few years when my team was horrible and thus it really stung.

hopefully they come back and do well tomorrow (though I doubt it, latos has looked bad his last two outings and I doubt he is going to right that ship)

on the plus side over the weekend the white sox have sale and quintana against the yankees. that should right things.

I can only hope. Yesterday's game(and others including the previous game where we got bailed out by Frazier) showed the weakness of the team and past Sale and Quintana I don't see the 3, 4 and 5 guys being the answer to keeping this team roaring. Bullpen is just not the quality you want to see come in and close out when needed. We need those shutdown 95 to 97 mph power relievers or guys with 'stuff" that's nasty. Hitting seems to come in spurts and someone needs to work with Abreu or something.

Top Bottom