• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

You know it is true.

This Oakland-Boston game is a massacre. Shut it down.

zulux21

looking at the weather map it seems likely the white sox rangers game won't continue for at least 90 minutes.

which means the starters will likely come out of the game when they resume. really wish they had just waited to start until the storm passes as a 2 inning start isn't just poopy. that being said rodan looked bad again which is sad. so I am guessing scott will be pitching for the white sox.

how is the rangers bullpen?

If you're buying cough medicine, it's a safer bet to buy that shit in the US than to buy it in the DR where you're gambling on what's in it.

just like all the guys who swear they didn't know what was in that over the counter supplement. shit can be tainted in any country. let's not use the DR as a escape goat.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
BREAKING NEWS. the braves (Freddie Freeman) have hit a HR. they now have more HRs than Wins. 8. (freeman has 5, only one other player on the 25 man roster has a HR, Mallex Smith)
the cubs right now

tumblr_mf3schRIMU1rrftcdo1_400.gif
i wonder who can get to 30 Wins/Losses first. The Cubs or the Braves.

I just assumed Girardi telling Chapman he was the closer was the setup for a "well, your suspension is over and Miller's awesome, so how does the 8th inning sound?" move. Nope, he's been given the job immediately. Doesn't make sense.

clemenx

Banned
and what exactly does this mean?
FYI, it might be the cool to just assume that all Dominicans are steroid junkies or something but I hope there's a bit more critical thinking when making blanket statements like this.

Lol poor 3rd world country must have STEROIDS in everything over there amirite.

Shit annoys me. Same shit with the Puerto Rico games. "Lol 3rd world place MUST HAVE crazy diseases" Like there's no mosquitos in Florida.

There's a woman in the stands at the Braves/Phillies game who's wearing a Seattle Mariners tank top.

why.jpg

I once went to an Orioles vs. Red Sox game in my Phillies gear. I don't think many people cared because there were more Red Sox fans at Camden Yards that day anyway. I actually remember running into a few people who also had Phillies gear on :p

There's a woman in the stands at the Braves/Phillies game who's wearing a Seattle Mariners tank top.

why.jpg

Girl's having fun at the game. Who gives a shit what logo she has. My idiot buddy wears his dirty disgusting Braves lid from the late 90s to every Dodger game we go to. Dude's from Montgomery and loves his Braves. Good for him. Good for Mariner chick. Just wish he'd wash that thing because it stinks to high hell.

zulux21

surprised to see the rangers left their starter in after a 60+ min rain delay.

happy to see the end result.

edit: rodon is coming back out too... hope this doesn't end to badly >.<;

zulux21

surprised to see the rangers left their starter in after a 60+ min rain delay.

happy to see the end result.

edit: rodon is coming back out too... hope this doesn't end to badly >.<;

and it's a tie game. score 4 give back 3.

oh well still better than being down by 1. but that team era is gonna go up again :(

Caja 117

If you're buying cough medicine, it's a safer bet to buy that shit in the US than to buy it in the DR where you're gambling on what's in it.
Nah, most of the medicine sold in DR are from international companies, so this is not necesarly DR thing, just Mondesi not investigating with team Doctors before taking medicines.

Is a bit offensive that it is assumed that if it was bought in DR it should be shady or less safe.

Aledmys Diaz is still hitting .400 after 100 PA (with a 199 wRC+)

Still can't believe he didn't get rookie of the month in April

edit: also still hitting 8th (9th today because of DH)

zulux21

Aledmys Diaz is still hitting .400 after 100 PA (with a 199 wRC+)

Still can't believe he didn't get rookie of the month in April

edit: also still hitting 8th (9th today because of DH)

to be fair the Story is likely finished, and ROTY is the much better award than rookie of april :p

edit: yay 4 walks in the inning so far and the white sox take a lead thanks to the rangers walking in a run. and that is despite the white sox really trying to help the pitcher.
should have been another walk, but lawrie helped him out. here's hoping for ball 4 or a hit.

and ball 4. 5 walks in the inning and now a two run lead. here is hoping that the next batter beats up the new pitcher and gets at least one more in with the bases loaded and 2 out.

whoot bases clearing double, all 5 walks score. white sox lead by 10. it's great to see the offense coming to life to cover up some sub par pitching.

zulux21

Can the braves just draft the first pick now and get it over with

the twins and their 8-23 record say it's not a sure thing :p

edit: I imagine the rangers are trying to argue the slide rule because jackson slide a bit wide of second, but it also wasn't anywhere near the player and he didn't try throwing at all.

still wish the rule was more clear.

Top Bottom