• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

zulux21

Trade you the one and only Avisail Garcia....

to be fair he has been rather good recently :p
q9xwlLW.png

crpav

abreu is slumping a little bit again but over the last 15 has also been pretty good

in other thoughts I knew stephen stratsburg had opt out clauses in his contract I didn't realize that his last year of his contract could be worth 45mil o_O

You got an answer for everything.

And holy that's a lot of money.

Chris R

Looking at the division winners projects on the first page of this thread right about now is good for a laugh. NL nailed to the T, AL 99% wrong lol

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Question: if the Braves could get a top prospect or two back from the Rockies, would it be worth it to acquire Jose Reyes? I'd only be for it as long as Reyes is cut immediately and never takes the field for the Braves.

BumRush

Question: if the Braves could get a top prospect or two back from the Rockies, would it be worth it to acquire Jose Reyes? I'd only be for it as long as Reyes is cut immediately and never takes the field for the Braves.

In this scenario are the braves just sending cash? Not sure why the Rockies would do that.

CygnusXS

In this scenario are the braves just sending cash? Not sure why the Rockies would do that.

Yeah, they'd be taking on the entire outlay of the contract. I'm imagining a similar structure to the Touki Toussaint, Bronson Arroyo, Phil Gosselin trade.

BumRush

Yeah, they'd be taking on the entire outlay of the contract. I'm imagining a similar structure to the Touki Toussaint, Bronson Arroyo, Phil Gosselin trade.

The only problem I see with it is that the Rockies are competitive. I don't see them trading him for anything less than a piece that can help them now.

Ha! I saw my wife's boss sitting behind the batter talking to the dude in the red tie. I am not certain but the dude might be John Middleton.

Interestingly my wife was talking with Leigh Middleton yesterday at a fundraiser.

CygnusXS

That doesn't mean another team wouldn't offer more than just cash.

My perspective right now is just figuring out if it would even make sense from the Braves' side, and which prospects would make it worth it. I don't feel like the Rockies tend to be very predictable in these matters.

Top Bottom