• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

BumRush

My perspective right now is just figuring out if it would even make sense from the Braves' side, and which prospects would make it worth it. I don't feel like the Rockies tend to be very predictable in these matters.

And I'm sure they'd rather unload him sooner rather than later.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Question: if the Braves could get a top prospect or two back from the Rockies, would it be worth it to acquire Jose Reyes? I'd only be for it as long as Reyes is cut immediately and never takes the field for the Braves.
i think it would be worth it just to have him in a braves uniform for a day to make all mets fans cry.

Malo

Banned
He can't locate his fastball and his secondary pitches aren't good enough to get hitters to bite.
I wonder where his changeup went. Before he got called up it was rated a plus pitch and his best off speed pitch, now he doesn't throw it much and it doesn't have the bite it used to. I'm having Phil Hughes flashbacks right now.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Braves Stadium Relocation Shaping Up to Be a Disaster
After putting $400 million in public money into attracting the Braves, Cobb County officials are having an embarrassingly hard time getting the site ready for opening day.

The location for the new field is right by the nexus of two enormous highways, I-75 and I-285, and it is bound to the southwest by the Cobb Parkway — another giant, high-speed road.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, additional costs kept piling up for the bridge. But officials never revised their $9 million estimate upwards, leading one county government observer to call it the “magic bridge.” Cobb County commissioners have said they are going to pay for it using sales tax funds approved by voters last year, but it’s not clear that would be allowed under the terms of the ballot measure.

Getting desperate, Cobb County Commissioner Bob Ott recently suggested that as an alternative to the bridge the county could reconstruct I-285 to run under the Cobb Parkway.

Meanwhile, just this week, Cobb County officials said they would spend $1.2 million annually operating circulator buses through the area, a decision critics panned as a taxpayer subsidy for the Braves. But without the bridge, buses would have to go out of their way and sit in heavy freeway traffic.

Ashley Robbins, a former Atlantan who maintains the transit blog MARTA Rocks!, says the Braves and Cobb County are headed for a mess of their own making.

“Part of their rationale for their move was that there wasn’t sufficient transit to Turner Field,” she said. But “a significant number of people actually took transit to the games.”

“We’re taking the most congested, most traversed roads in Atlanta and we’re dropping a sports complex right in the middle of it. It’s going to be a nightmare.”

Good stuff.

cMhwqDJ.gif

zulux21

Sounds like an avatar bet.

maybe it sounds like one, but this is my avatar (the one I use everywhere :p), it doesn't really change thus I don't bet it.

also not bad, 99 pitch 1 run complete game by chris sale. now to see if quintana continues following up him nearly the same like he has done all season long.

Top Bottom