• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Lol why did he bunt?

Ortiz with that triple, has hit more triples (1) than the Braves have all season.

Joe

Any chance the Yankees can squeeze out an above .500 performance this season?

They've been playing well lately but I can't tell if it's due to or in spite of player performance.

Caja 117

Any chance the Yankees can squeeze out an above .500 performance this season?

They've been playing well lately but I can't tell if it's due to or in spite of player performance.

I think they will, basically opposing teams are going to be pressed in not allowing the yanks to take the lead after the 6th inning. and Texeira is bound to heat up, once he start hitting HR this Yanks will be a different beast. they just need 1 or 2 reliable Starting pitcher.

Joe

Yankees have started slow for like...the last 15 years.

There's a difference between starting slow and being near the bottom of every fielding and batting metric with a shaky starting staff to boot.

They'd have to really turn it all around which is possible but I'm not certain they can sustain above .500 all season long.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN

Terry Collins says that if strikeouts persist, he will have to consider moving David Wright in order. But OBP is very good for No. 2 slot.

NHale

The problem with so many large run difference wins is that the bullpen isn't exactly battle tested. Besides Rondon, Warren and maybe Strop, I don't know if anyone else in that Cubs pen can hold a 1-run lead in a playoff game.

The problem with so many large run difference wins is that the bullpen isn't exactly battle tested. Besides Rondon, Warren and maybe Strop, I don't know if anyone else in that Cubs pen can hold a 1-run lead in a playoff game.
Grimm is defintely one of those guys as well despite those early struggles.

bebop242

Yep its my main concern, along with injuries. I'm hoping they make a move for a solid relief pitcher come trade season.

gamz

Cubs own their division. On to tomorrow....

giphy.gif

Line_HTX

Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich 6m6 minutes ago Boston, MA

David Ortiz didnt talk to reporters because it's his daughter's 15th birthday, had to run. Said on way out: "I'm a bad (expletive), I'm out"

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich 6m6 minutes ago Boston, MA

David Ortiz didnt talk to reporters because it's his daughter's 15th birthday, had to run. Said on way out: "I'm a bad (expletive), I'm out"

Drellich ran from The Chron to some fuckface factory in Boston. Ass

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I want Folty to be good so badly. Not even great, just give me good.
he looked good that half of an inning. although it looked like he didn't know how many outs there were, was wondering why everyone ran off the field after the strikeout.

Top Bottom