• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

lol

KO39Zpf.gif

ruined his bid for no hit,

Rivitur

Banned
Now imagine that happening in a tie game in the 7th inning of a postseason game!
Can't because they won't get there.

:3

Also just watched the replay of the back to back to back HR by the giants and you can see so many people just start walking out of the stadium after the third one.

I find it difficult to resist a cruel chuckle at Greinke getting nuked out of orbit. Pressure on for Miller to justify his insane asking price (he won't)

Cubs look pretty good. Ditto Doyers.

San Diego Padres being down by 15 on their opening day; On their own turf?

Padres fans (?) get to listen to Don Orsillo while they suck. So they are basically the 2014-2015 Red Sox.

lol Tyson Ross

BumRush

There is a huuuuuuuuge disparity in the NL this year. Cubs, dodgers, giants, mets, etc. are great, but the teams at the bottom are REALLY bad

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Were there always 4-5 teams that were this bad though? I know it's 1 game but some teams are sending a triple A team out there.

Well, the Astros changed leagues so there's one less than from before.

They were the poster child for a while leading the tanking movement!

There is a huuuuuuuuge disparity in the NL this year. Cubs, dodgers, giants, mets, etc. are great, but the teams at the bottom are REALLY bad

it's pretty interesting especially since the AL is pretty much unknown. Sure the Jays are going to be good same with the Astros but will the Astros drop off after last year? How will the Jays pitching hold up? Also will any of those teams that are "sexy" picks actually do something this season? Like the Indians, White Sox or Mariners? (Lol)

Also will the Red Sox or Yanks make the playoffs?

The AL this season is pretty interesting from a neutral's POV to that league

BumRush

So this led me to do a little Payroll digging and my first thought was "how could the Phillies be 19th...who do they have?"

They're paying Ryan Howard $25 MILLION DOLLARS!?

Parch

This is going to lead to some grossly overrated teams in the NL as they rack up easy wins and pad stats.

I hope that Sanchez will have his A game tonight. It's early, but I'm already worried about wins and series wins, so it'd be nice to have 3/4 in the bank.

I'm most curious about Happ, though. I liked him before, when he was with the Jays, and if he continues on like he finished last year we'll be in a good place.

Beckx

what the hell happened here

better question: why the hell isn't Root Sports Pittsburgh an option for tonight's HOME game???

also japanese baseball fans: gwynar is retiring the old YakyuBaka.com site and moving to YakyuDB.com

This worries me as the Cards some how always lose the games they should win.

On the contrary, they've actually done very well against bad teams. Especially the Brewers and Reds. The games vs them have been the decision makers for the division

2016 draft bonus pools are out. Cardinals have tenth highest :lol

zroid

Banned

It's even more striking because of the unusual amount of parity in the AL right now. Of the 15 teams there's probably 12 that have a legitimate shot to make the playoffs. And maybe all 15 have at least an outside chance.

Parch

Not a lot of easy wins in the AL. Predicting the playoff teams is a crap shoot. Just gotta grind it out, hope for the best, and pray that injuries don't become a major factor.

This is going to lead to some grossly overrated teams in the NL as they rack up easy wins and pad stats.

That's every year. Especially the whole "our pitchers are way better" angle, only to get beat in the playoffs just like everyone else.

No DH indirectly facilitates tanking as well, since you can save the cost of a power hitter.

BumRush

That's every year. Especially the whole "our pitchers are way better" angle, only to get beat in the playoffs just like everyone else.

No DH indirectly facilitates tanking as well, since you can save the cost of a power hitter.

To be fair, the Mets do have better SP than most everyone else. That's not what lost the WS for them.

Parch

Sure NL pitchers are better. For 1 in 9, instead of facing a power hitting DH they get to face a pitcher who barely knows what end of the bat to hold.

Parch

To be fair, the elite teams in the NL are fully capable of winning the World Series. It's just that their trip to the playoffs is going to be much, much easier.

Top Bottom