• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Royals have a pitching prospect named Scott Blewett, and I really hope he makes it to the majors just for the puns.

R2MhbmP.gif

This is my new favorite gif.

BigAT

I don't know how you go without a real backup first baseman on your roster when you have Mark Teixeira starting, but hopefully Refsynder can hold it together for now.

Friggz

with teix leaving the game hurt. when do the yankees start selling.

they should be able to retool quickly just by trading relievers.

Remember when Loria sent Ozuna down because he didn't want to lose control (read: Have to spend $$$) despite how overwhelmingly good he is?

Ozuna was actually pretty bad for most of last year. He put on a bunch of weight and did not match the adjustments pitchers made on him at the start of the season.

Also, Bonds deserves a ton of credit, he has Ozuna taking pitches he never used to take. I know a lot of people went "LolMarlins" when they hired him, but he has done an absolutely phenomenal job with the hitters of this team.

Wilmer getting what is in essence an extended tryout to see if he's the answer at third is the only bright spot to my pain in knowing that David is done.

with teix leaving the game hurt. when do the yankees start selling.

they should be able to retool quickly just by trading relievers.
Cubs and Yankees are pretty much a match made in heaven. You guys want young hitting specs and we want lefty relievers. Epstein and Cashman also seem to like working with each other.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Wilmer getting what is in essence an extended tryout to see if he's the answer at third is the only bright spot to my pain in knowing that David is done.

I honestly don't think he should get a shot and the Mets should look for outside help at 3B.

I honestly don't think he should get a shot and the Mets should look for outside help at 3B.

The farm is basically empty at this point, the only thing that would net a guy better than Wilmer would be trading Rosario or Smith or someone and I'm not comfortable with that.

Chris R

Well, we can't play the Padres every night :(

Going to suck when we are 2-8 over the next ten games. Texas has our number this season, and I'm thinking Cleveland will be the same :(

Gotta stay positive though, I've got 3/4 a bottle of bourbon with my name on it at home!

Fernandez at 3 for sure

Yeah, I wanted to put Fernandez down, but I'm still not convinced on his resume at this point (Chances are it's because I haven't seen many of his starts like I have Kersh or Thor)

I'd also have put Arrieta down, but again, I think that his body of work needs to be sustained for another two or three seasons before believing the hype.

Yeah, I wanted to put Fernandez down, but I'm still not convinced on his resume at this point (Chances are it's because I haven't seen many of his starts like I have Kersh or Thor)

I'd also have put Arrieta down, but again, I think that his body of work needs to be sustained for another two or three seasons before believing the hype.
He's been really good for 3 years now. It's not like he started to pitch great after the AS break last year.

zulux21

man the tigers are either really lucky or the white sox really unlucky tonight.

that is the second hard hit ball that bounced off the pitcher perfectly to another player instead of going for a hit :/ (either up the middle or bouncing away)

Top Bottom