• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Corran has secretly been Friedman this whole time.

X6VwIze.gif

Malo

Banned
Sweeny Murti

Teixeira to the DL with right knee articular cartilage tear. #Yankees have added Chris Parmalee to the roster.

Bird, where art thou?

Caja 117

Sweeny Murti

Teixeira to the DL with right knee articular cartilage tear. #Yankees have added Chris Parmalee to the roster.

Bird, where art thou?

Danm, He probably been hurt this whole season, Yanks should had gotten Lonely, but I think Yanks are in rebuild phase this season and are not interested in improving the team..

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Baseball Tonight ‏@BBTN

Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira was put on the DL after being diagnosed with an articular cartilage in his right knee.

rando14

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 3m3 minutes ago
Looks like the Mariners have promoted pitcher Edwin Diaz, who has been throwing well in the minors.

Wow, he got promoted WAY faster than I thought, pretty sure he was in A ball earlier this year...? He's got amazing stuff, but hopefully not promoted too soon :\

zulux21

James Shields is likely to be traded in the next 24 hrs. White Sox the heavy favorites.

yup.
Nightengale adds that the Padres are expected to pay about half the approximately $58MM left on Shields’ contract.

which would make it a more reasonable pick up for a 4/5th starter. I doubt anderson or fulmer will be involved in the trade but likely will see johnson and a few others go.

he should help save the bullpen given the innings he eats. and I would assume if the white sox get him that they will ask mat latos to move to long relief as Miguel González has been a lot more reliable than latos for the last month.

Mortemis

Banned
Wow, he got promoted WAY faster than I thought, pretty sure he was in A ball earlier this year...? He's got amazing stuff, but hopefully not promoted too soon :

Dude got some really good stuff. He was basically untouchable in AA.

We need more flame throwers tbh, and I hope he can handle the big leagues.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman

Padres, chisox have agreed on the principals of shields deal, with only details to go

yup.

which would make it a more reasonable pick up for a 4/5th starter. I doubt anderson or fulmer will be involved in the trade but likely will see johnson and a few others go.

he should help save the bullpen given the innings he eats. and I would assume if the white sox get him that they will ask mat latos to move to long relief as Miguel González has been a lot more reliable than latos for the last month.

Won't Shields just opt out, especially with the super weak FA starter market? Although I guess there's a pretty good chance he wouldn't be able to beat what he has already.

This seems kinda lose-lose for the White Sox, I think. Shields pitches well down the stretch, he opts out and the White Sox just gave up prospects for half a season of him. If he pitches poorly, White Sox are on the hook for something like ~30m? Which admittedly isn't that much for an average starting pitcher.

Won't Shields just opt out, especially with the super weak FA starter market? Although I guess there's a pretty good chance he wouldn't be able to beat what he has already.

This seems kinda lose-lose for the White Sox, I think. Shields pitches well down the stretch, he opts out and the White Sox just gave up prospects for half a season of him. If he pitches poorly, White Sox are on the hook for something like ~30m? Which admittedly isn't that much for an average starting pitcher.

Can't imagine the Sox giving up anything of value at all. The Pads are certainly not dealing from a position of strength lol. This is more addition by subtraction for them.

For the Sox, it's a flier. With the Pads eating half the money on the rest of the deal, the Sox are still picking up a guy with past success going through a bad stretch on the relatively cheap.

Friggz

Bryce Harper is not worth $750 million

probably not. but who knows what his next 2.5 seasons look like.

hes got a 230 BABIP this season, walking at a better rate than last year, striking out less than last year.

I imagine once some of those hits start finding holes, he will be back to hitting 320.

Top Bottom