• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

zulux21

im okay with the shields trade. johnson has number 2 potential but hasn't shown it with the white sox.

hope he does well for his new team.

Chase17

Not watching the game at the moment but my alert tells me that we gave up two runs on a strikeout. I can only imagine it was knuckleball shenanigans.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Not watching the game at the moment but my alert tells me that we gave up two runs on a strikeout. I can only imagine it was knuckleball shenanigans.

Lol someone link that play please.

Edit - Mets with 6 straight innings of having the leadoff batter on. Only one run to show for it.

It is, but would I want to play there as a professional athlete considering both their pro franchises are absolute gong shows?

I still would if I just was more concerned about being paid. San Diego has great weather and is just a cool fucking city.

Also looks like I will be seeing the Yanks and Cubs play this year yet I won't even see the Phils play :( still stoked though

Wild pitch on a third strike with a shift on. One runner scored when the catcher threw to first, then there was nobody covering home so bautista rounded third and sprinted home before anyone could get over there to cover home plate.

2 runs in on a strike out!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I already live in a fantastic place and I've only spent a week visiting San Diego, but I'd live there the rest of my life if I could.

Chase17

Turn on the game then yikes

That doesn't look good for Swihart
Bounced off the wall before he caught it too

Edit: looks like he is walking on his own now

I already live in a fantastic place and I've only spent a week visiting San Diego, but I'd live there the rest of my life if I could.

For real. It's such an awesome city. Everyone seems to forget it and goes to LA or San Francisco. I have family that used to live there and I visited all the time. If I didn't want to go back to Philly so bad or go to Portland then I would go to San Diego in a heart beat

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
D24pdkQ.jpg

PKkoPg6.jpg

rW9B9DF.jpg

Chase17

Wild pitch on a third strike with a shift on. One runner scored when the catcher threw to first, then there was nobody covering home so bautista rounded third and sprinted home before anyone could get over there to cover home plate.

2 runs in on a strike out!
Thanks!

I'll have to look up that highlight. Sounds like a pretty unusual/funny play

Being a pro athlete in San Diego... San Diego... has perks that go far beyond what happens on the field.

I realize that. But eventually, the fact that both the Padres and Chargers have massive problems that trump sunny weather all year round.

Then again, I'm some rube that will never sniff the pros, so why the fuck does my opinion matter?

I realize that. But eventually, the fact that both the Padres and Chargers have massive problems that trump sunny weather all year round.

Then again, I'm some rube that will never sniff the pros, so why the fuck does my opinion matter?

We're just saying that if you are getting paid enough... Who gee fuck cares how you do as long as you are in San Diego. It's literally that awesome of a city

3 years, $27million for Shields actually isn't bad at all.

Maybe Fernando Tatis Jr. ends up being a contributor, but that would be so far in the future that it's basically irrelevant IMO

We're just saying that if you are getting paid enough... Who gee fuck cares how you do as long as you are in San Diego. It's literally that awesome of a city

And that's leaving out the weather. The locals can be incentive enough ifyouknowwhatImean... back in the day I went to a bar that a few Padres were hanging out at after a game. Let's just say they didn't mind being way below .500 at the time on the field cuz they were batting 1.000 off the field.

Plus fish tacos, being able to go anywhere you want and it not being a big deal, a media that leaves you alone, great places to live right next to the stadium. For an athlete, outside of the travel it's gotta be just about a perfect city to play in.

I expected Stroman to have struggles this year. He's essentially a sophomore player. I expect the club wants him to keep improving those pitches rather than just relying on 1 or 2.

And that's leaving out the weather. The locals can be incentive enough ifyouknowwhatImean... back in the day I went to a bar that a few Padres were hanging out at after a game. Let's just say they didn't mind being way below .500 at the time on the field cuz they were batting 1.000 off the field.

Plus fish tacos, being able to go anywhere you want and it not being a big deal, a media that leaves you alone, great places to live right next to the stadium. For an athlete, outside of the travel it's gotta be just about a perfect city to play in.

For real. I know I am a few years younger than you but San Diego is a legit as fuck city. If I was Kemp or Myers.. I don't give a fuck how my team is playing.

A friend of mine just moved right smack dab into the center of the Gaslamp. Seems like an awesome place to live, I think he's paying like $2700 a month for an apartment.

A friend of mine just moved right smack dab into the center of the Gaslamp. Seems like an awesome place to live, I think he's paying like $2700 a month for an apartment.

Those condos that look down into Petco is where I will live someday.

I would hang out on my balcony every night.

45e0e12e-5632-431f-89fa-4f67a08c6238.1.10

If only there were jobs there besides the military, nursing and education.

Top Bottom