• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

bebop242

Rizzo isn't better than Goldy, Bryant isn't better than Arenado, Zobrist isn't better than Murphy.

Heyward is 3rd in OF voting, Jorge Soler is 6th.

It's a joke.

I think Fowler and Rizzo deserves to start. Bryant and maybe Zobrist backup. Russell, Heyward, Soler not even considered.

gamz

No mystery. Chicago is a major market and the Cubs team as a whole are so likable and good.

It's popularity contest

BFIB

Come on! Throw us a bone here!

chipper-jones-headshake.gif

I just can't.......southern IL here, I have to remain loyal to the BFIB.

Parch

draft day guys and gals.
Just not the same hoopla as the other sports.

San Diego, St. Louis, and Dodgers with 3 picks in the first round.
San Francisco, KC, and Cubs with no picks in the first round.
Cubs have no pick in the second round as well. They don't pick until 98th.

it's only been recent since they start showing the draft on TV. Takes time to build up.

With hockey you also have the prospect of these guys showing up in the NHL day one. With the MLB you kind of forget about someone in the system unless you pay close attention.

The NHL draft can help turn some teams around.

Parch

MLB draft rarely provides that immediate impact player like NHL, NBA, and NFL. Baseball players usually take considerably longer to develop into stars. That also means the MLB draft is a pretty big crap shoot. High school picks are always a gamble.

Friggz

MLB draft rarely provides that immediate impact player like NHL, NBA, and NFL. Baseball players usually take considerably longer to develop into stars. That also means the MLB draft is a pretty big crap shoot. High school picks are always a gamble.

thats personally my favorite part.

Finding that one player in round 13 that into pujols. going into the NBA and NFL draft you already know who the good players are, there is no fun in that.

BigAT

thats personally my favorite part.

Finding that one player in round 13 that into pujols. going into the NBA and NFL draft you already know who the good players are, there is no fun in that.

Yeah, but you don't find out that is the case until 5 years later, which makes the draft incredibly unappealing on the actual night.

Something I have noticed this season is how few Thursday games there are, each week. I don't remember this being the case in the past and was mainly Mondays that were the days where the fewest amount of teams played.

Something I have noticed this season is how few Thursday games there are, each week. I don't remember this being the case in the past and was mainly Mondays that were the days where the fewest amount of teams played.

Yeah, it's really weird. Looking at the skid tonight, what's also interesting is that they are putting more four game sets on Monday or Tuesday now.

More fun facts about the skid:

The Brewers have played all of their Interleague Home Games. The Yankees, A's, Orioles, Cardinals, Rockies, and Cubs have not played any yet.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Parch

That's a pretty good team super villain. A fair number of them have already been punched in the face. MLB needs to prioritize the rest to ensure they all get one.

Top Bottom