• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

the point is that he was not playing in a hitters park, though. i figured more information about the conditions he was hitting under in Japan would be useful.

I guess. If we had double digit numbers or something, I'd consider it a factor. At the quoted number, we're literally talking about a hit, maybe two in a season.

Point taken, he didn't hit in a batter friendly park. More a neutral one. His numbers are amazing and he has proved the best hitter of this generation.

Isn't 2% technically like the difference between .320 and .340? That's definitely a significant difference

Does it say 2% difference in BA? If it's 2% BA, that would mean something.

I read it as a flat 2% difference in hits. The best players in baseball get 200 hits in a season. 2% is nothing.

But more importantly...SALVY BOMB! Dude is monster.

Why is Thor throwing 113 pitches in an 11 - 0 game? I love a good complete game but c'mon now. Use a scrub to finish off the game.

edit: Thor is a good pitcher. He's pissed! lol Wants to finish it up!

Beckx

MORAL VICTORY, NO SHUTOUT!

heh. next few days are going be ugly. :/

Without having seen the original source, that's not how his post reads. It doesn't say 2% difference in BA, does it? If it's 2% BA, that would mean something.

I read it as stated, a flat 2% difference in hits. The best players in baseball get 200 hits in a season. 2% is nothing

?

Kyodo News' Jim Allen points out that Ichiro played his home games in Japan in a pitchers' park that depressed batting averages by 2%, too.

anyway, if it helps, here's Jim's quote. Jim knows his shit.

@jballallen His home park in Kobe was a pitchers' park that decreased batting averages by 2.5 percent.

BFIB

BFIB!

Ck9ofpoWUAAT9TL_zpsqi2fqcx8.jpg

?

anyway, if it helps, here's Jim's quote. Jim knows his shit.

Edited my post, likely while you were responding. I had to read what you quoted again. Makes sense, and that's a fairly significant number.

Also, Royals swept the Cleveland Racists and regained first place. Today was a good day.

RBH

Braves had the bases loaded with zero outs in the bottom of the 11th inning, and they couldn't do jack shit with it.

Fuck this team

At least the Barves try to make the game interesting and have some fight in them.

The A's are jsut terrible.
I can't watch it anymore. I'm even harking back to the Jemile Weeks days. These guys play like they have sewage dripping out every pour. Infield acts like the baseball is a grenade, with how they bobble it. Just disgusting.

I can't watch it anymore. I'm even harking back to the Jemile Weeks days. These guys play like they have sewage dripping out every pour. Infield acts like the baseball is a grenade, with how they bobble it. Just disgusting.

Ultimately, what makes watching a terrible team worth it is when you get a good win or something uplifting happens (See: Freddie Freeman hitting for the cycle, seriously I thought the Braves would have more) but when I watch the highlights of the A's, they simply are pure garbage.

can't even anticipate a start from Sonny considering he is flaming garbage this year.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Wright is opting for surgery on the herniated disc in his neck.

He's not coming back this season for sure.

Top Bottom