• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

zroid

Banned
I didn't even know Casey Janssen wasn't in the majors anymore. 2 years ago a proven closer, now he's in the minors... relief pitching really is voodoo.

I was just reading about the plans for Aaron Sanchez being eventually moved to the bullpen in favour of Hutch as a starter down the stretch. Whatever happened to the plan of having Hutch start every few weeks to give the regular starters rest and hopefully keep them in the rotation late into the season? I would have preferred that.

I actually went to the one start Hutchison had this year.

Excited to see what Contreras can do. We could definitely use the bat at catcher.

Watching the Ms, first time ever watching Paxton. That guy has easy velocity. Real fun to watch.

gamz

Cubs promoting their top prospect Willson Contreras is very interesting. He is hitting lights out in AAA and is supposedly a above average Catcher.

Wow! I just saw this. I knew he'd be coming up sometime this year. Really excited to see him.

He's the best catching prospect in all of baseball.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/184275138/mlb-trade-market-matchmaker

Here's an early attempt at playing matchmaker, pairing some of the biggest names (not all of whom will actually get dealt, of course) with the clubs most poised to land them.

Sonny Gray, A's --> Red Sox
Rich Hill, A's --> Orioles
Carlos Beltran, Yankees --> Mariners
Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies --> White Sox
Aroldis Chapman, Yankees --> Nationals
Andrew Miller, Yankees --> Cubs
Fernando Rodney, Padres --> Giants
Ryan Braun, Brewers --> Dodgers
Jonathan Lucroy, Brewers --> Rays
Jay Bruce, Reds --> Indians

I seriously would not be surprised if Sonny Gray gets traded this year. Whether or not it brings about the change Beane wants to see in Oakland remains to be seen. Then again, from cursory glances, they haven't progressed very far since trading Donaldson and Cespedes.

uvsbtmwcj54iagw9sjla.jpg

Fernando Rodney, Padres --> Giants
happybirthdayblackkidh2p25.gif

MC Safety

The Mets are likely going to act as if David Wright will return sometime in the unspecified future.

Really, though, it's time for the team to look beyond a stopgap solution.

Wow! I just saw this. I knew he'd be coming up sometime this year. Really excited to see him.

He's the best catching prospect in all of baseball.
If anything it's much better to have a guy who was hitting AAA pitching at a 350 clip to pinch hit compared to Fed. Also he can learn from Montero and Ross.

Top Bottom