• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

The Red Sox have been outscored 22-0 in first innings over the past 15 games.

to

fucking

The offense has fallen back to Earth a bit and the pitching has somehow gotten worse. Time to fire everyone

BigAT

Wait, what? What happened?

The game was finally delayed in the top of the 9th (and should have been stopped much earlier than that honestly) and then there was a rain delay that lasted more than three and a half hours. They finally started up again sometime after 2:00 AM.

I still can't believe they just didn't call the game at some point over that ridiculous stretch. Awful decision making by the umpiring crew throughout.

Line_HTX

*Jump in attack to Line, low mk to shryuken FADC to Ultra 2*

That's what happen. :)

*Kenny Omega dropkicks sf2*

The game was finally delayed in the top of the 9th (and should have been stopped much earlier than that honestly) and then there was a rain delay that lasted more than three and a half hours. They finally started up again sometime after 2:00 AM.

I still can't believe they just didn't call the game at some point over that ridiculous stretch. Awful decision making by the umpiring crew throughout.

LOL, wow that is so dumb. No one in their right mind would stay past 2 AM. I heard something about them waking up from their naps to resume but I was too tired to look it up so I thought it was something fake.

Branduil

how is this on girardi or the yankees? this clusterfuck of a game was on the umps. this game should have been called in the 6th.

Well, the 6th would have been much better than trying to end it in the 9th with a man on just because your closer has no control.

Which just makes it funnier that when the game restarted their new pitcher promptly hit three guys with pitches.

cashman

Banned
Haven't been able to watch the Rangers at all in the past week but I've been checking box scores. How in the fuck did they pull this off.

Caja 117

Yeah, I remember seen Rain Delay before going to sleep and Based on the time I said to myself this game was going to be called out, What a surprised to me when I wake up around 2:00 check the box score just to find out they were playing.

Great Cleveland Indians: A Baseball Card History

Of all the teams in professional baseball, the Cleveland Indians have some of the best baseball cards.

JoeCharboneauIndians.jpg
115-262Fr.jpg
75.jpg

5948753733_f1f5ced9ea.jpg
4943214781_5a93ba9c07.jpg
allred.png

tumblr_m3sw91bOJP1r9hrxoo1_500.jpg
images
duffy-frank_1.jpg

Just so much greatness with the Indians.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/yasiel-puig-or-jeff-francoeur/

It’s eerie how similar this year’s Puig is to a younger Jeff Francoeur. I’m not the first to want to draw the link, but this is the first time the numbers have really lined up. Puig arrived with considerable hype. Francoeur arrived with considerable hype. Both were effective rookies, but Francoeur started to struggle as a sophomore. Puig was excellent as a sophomore, and even last season, he was above-average. Now his numbers have dipped significantly, with his walks cut in half and his power mostly absent. It’s still in there, but it was in there for Francoeur, too. Good hitters are able to tap into it. That’s one of the differences between a good player and a skilled player.

Specifically because of Puig’s track record, I don’t think we should assume this is what he is, now. He deserves more time to come out of this, because he is terrifically gifted. That being said, Jeff Francoeur was also terrifically gifted, in many similar ways. He and Puig have employed a similar approach, and Francoeur’s productivity with it was unsustainable. I’m not sure what Puig’s future holds, but it’s pretty obvious one way he could go.

It is too soon to say Yasiel Puig is another Jeff Francoeur. It’s not too soon to say Yasiel Puig, this year, has looked like another Jeff Francoeur. And, you know, it’s 2016, and Francoeur is still playing. There are worse careers to have. But the Dodgers are largely depending on Puig making the necessary adjustments so he can leave this level behind. Everybody in baseball loves Francoeur, but they wouldn’t wish for that career path. Yasiel Puig needs to pick the path he wants to follow. And I’m going to hazard a guess he doesn’t get the Jeff Francoeur clubhouse bump.

Fucking. Hell.

Acting umpiring crew chief Paul Nauert said that the umpiring crew was simply trying to maintain the integrity of the game by making sure it was completed, which is why his crew was willing to wait 3:35 to finish things.

"I think a lot of things dictated it," Nauert said. "You've got to make it fair for both teams. Our job is to try to get the game in. Just to cut it short for rain is not something that we're doing. We take that integrity part of it very seriously."

Silkworm

dnr.jpg

X_X

roberts said he's hopefully he can make his next start..

Yeah, I hope he can too. No Clayton would mean the Dodgers aren't making the post season. Even if he's healthy and can go strong the rest of the season, I'm still not that optimistic the Dodgers will be able to get a wild card birth into the post-season.

Top Bottom