• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

With Tulo and Martin heating up, the Jays lineup is arguably scarier than last year's once Bautista gets back:

Bautista
Donaldson
Encarnacion
Tulowitski
Saunders
Travis
Smoak
Martin
Pillar

Only real weak links are Smoak (who's actually been passable this year) and Pillar who more than makes up for it on the field.

It's crazy that Barney and Carrera are ultimately going to be bench players when we've seen how good they can be.

BumRush

New York Mets ‏@Mets

Jose Reyes is on his way to New York and is expected to be activated tomorrow.

I'll admit, I'm excited. When he first came up a few friends and I went down to field level before a game and he was the nicest, most talkative dude. Definitely can't condone what he did to his wife but I'll always have a soft spot for him for sure.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'll admit, I'm excited. When he first came up a few friends and I went down to field level before a game and he was the nicest, most talkative dude. Definitely can't condone what he did to his wife but I'll always have a soft spot for him for sure.

Travis gave up his number to Reyes too.

Sounds like the Yanks are open for trades. Listening to offers on everybody on the roster.

As they should be.

Velcro Fly

Joe getting tossed has sparked this team today.

Even though Lackey has sucked today it is 5-4 and the Reds pitching is way worse than the Cubs

Choomp

Banned
Matt Reynolds' locker is cleaned out according to Rubin, De Aza lives another day but I guess it makes sense since he's an infielder. I really liked Reynolds though. Also Adam Rubin tweeted that Reyes is starting tonight, would make sense with the lefty that they'd want a righty bat in the top of the order

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Campbell passed on his secrets to staying alive to de Aza.

Edit - Reyes is starting at 3rd tonight.

jbug617

Banned
Jung Ho Kang in trouble
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...sexual-assault-in-chicago-20160705-story.html

According to police, the Chicago woman met Kang through Bumble, a location-based dating app that allows only women to initiate conversations. Kang invited the woman to his Magnificent Mile hotel room on June 17, hours after the Pirates had lost a day game to the Cubs.

The woman told investigators she arrived at Kang's room at the Westin Hotel around 10 p.m. and he served her an alcoholic drink, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. She said she blacked out about 15 to 20 minutes later, then drifted in and out of consciousness as he sexually assaulted her.

She told police she did not fully awaken until she was in a taxi and on her way home, according to Guglielmi.

The 23-year-old woman, who is not being identified because she is an alleged victim of a sex crime, went to Northwestern Memorial Hospital to have a rape kit done on June 19, Guglielmi said. She filed a formal complaint with police 10 days later, sources said.

Top Bottom