• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Things have been going horribly personally, so I ended up sleeping pretty much all day, and through the Jays' game. I didn't see the Home Opener last night, either, outside of the presentation to Josh Donaldson.

Sounds like I didn't miss much.

What the heck is up with this team?

RBH

yioV1.gif

Westonian

Anyone else having issues with MLB.tv on the PS4? Feed cuts out every five minutes or so and says no feeds available.

Just switched to my Sony blu-ray player and no issues and far better video quality. The blu-ray player and the PS4 sit right next to each other so I don't think it's a wifi range/strength issue.

wbsmcs

Watching the Angels and I'm just wondering how the hell they allowed themselves to build this crap of a team around Trout.

Aside from Trout, you have an aging Pujols who's going to soon be the worst contract in baseball, and who else..Kole Calhoun? Everyone else is pretty much replacement level.

I know Trout signed a team friendly deal recently but I forget when it's over. When it expires is there any doubt that he'll jet? Can't see the Angels makin any noise in that division with Houston being good for the next couple years, and even Texas being a competent organization who can continuously field a team of at least 5 good hitters.

Watching the Angels and I'm just wondering how the hell they allowed themselves to build this crap of a team around Trout.

Aside from Trout, you have an aging Pujols who's going to soon be the worst contract in baseball, and who else..Kole Calhoun? Everyone else is pretty much replacement level.

I know Trout signed a team friendly deal recently but I forget when it's over. When it expires is there any doubt that he'll jet? Can't see the Angels makin any noise in that division with Houston being good for the next couple years, and even Texas being a competent organization who can continuously field a team of at least 5 good hitters.

Trouts a free agent in 2021.

The Angels are a product of Arte Moreno making terrible baseball decisions.

This is going to take years to fix unless they trade Trout for a package of prospects that could replenish the entire farm system, which is as bleak a system as any has been in a very long time.

wbsmcs

This is going to take years to fix unless they trade Trout for a package of prospects that could replenish the entire farm system, which is as bleak a system as any has been in a very long time.

I remember a couple years ago seeing Trout, Hamilton, Pujols, and Trumbo in that lineup and salivating.

cashman

Banned

Pretty much this. Dipoto was a decent enough GM, but when Arte pulls stupid shit like the Hamilton contract then it's really difficult to put together a well built team. They're also horrible drafters.

Doogdogg

The Angels for years had trouble developing players. Outside of Trout, you go back to Garret Anderson, Chone Figgens, Howie Kendricks, those guys came up a long time ago.

They also sign terrible free agents to cover up their terrible development system.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Pretty much this. Dipoto was a decent enough GM, but when Arte pulls stupid shit like the Hamilton contract then it's really difficult to put together a well built team. They're also horrible drafters.
And don't spend money anymore on the international market. They were dead last in spending this last year.

Reading the last few pages of this thread would lead you to believing there are 0 good teams in baseball. Cheer up people! It's only 1 week in!

Except the Braves. The Braves are terrible.

Top Bottom