• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Parch

There's a lot of sloppy baseball in April and May as teams get their shit together defensively. Then there's a lot of apathetic baseball in August and September as so many teams are just going through the motions.
Gotta focus on the prime summer months and playoffs to see the best baseball.

There's a lot of sloppy baseball in April and May as teams get their shit together defensively. Then there's a lot of apathetic baseball in August and September as so many teams are just going through the motions.
Gotta focus on the prime summer months and playoffs to see the best baseball.

Major League Baseball plays .500 ball all season long though.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
whoops

KhuERsZ.png

https://twitter.com/JMontana41?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

edit: and account has been deleted.
That's not the Brooks Conrad game!
that never happened.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Braves latest addition to the Bullpen. Minor League Pitcher with an ERA over 4 in 9 seasons. Sure. Why Not. Can't get any worse.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=delacr001joe
well...that was quick.

Congrats! You have been called up! lol j/k
#Braves select contract of Jhoulys Chacin from @GwinnettBraves and option Joel De La Cruz to Gwinnett. Jesse Biddle transferred to 60-day DL
https://twitter.com/Braves/status/719960176321826817

zulux21

The Twins, Brewers, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, & the Reds all get a day off today.

Though tomorrow, all 30 teams will be playing.

yeah... my world is out of balance with a tuesday off day.

it is the only off day the white sox have in april though. after this I think they play 19 games without a day off or something like that.

some fans are complaining about that, I am just sitting here thinking, at the start of the year my players should be decently fresh, a lot less chance of a nagging injury that needs a few off days to recover. really it's better to not have a bunch right now and have more later. as last year the white sox played something like 23 games in 21 days due to only having one off day in a large stretch and then needing to reschedule a bunch of games.

shwimpy

I'm going to miss Vin so much. Joe Davis seems adequate but man, Dodgers baseball is not the same without Vin calling the game.

steiner is ok.. his eyesight is a bit questionable.. gets overexcited about flyouts lol

joe davis is mehhh .. orel is fine but kinda weird that he refers to the dodgers as "we" .. nomar adds nothing for me

vin scullys don't grow on trees ;( .. his voice is the sound of summer

steiner is ok.. his eyesight is a bit questionable.. gets overexcited about flyouts lol

joe davis is mehhh .. orel is fine but kinda weird that he refers to the dodgers as "we" .. nomar adds nothing for me

vin scullys don't grow on trees ;( .. his voice is the sound of summer
Orel will always call himself a Dodger. Stu Lantz gets like that once in a while. But it is weird.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
When are you at Coors Field next? Even the Padres can hit dingers there!

Nope, the purple thing still lives...

T028S4V.jpg

I really wish we'd get a new mascot...

I love this write up from last season in the Denver Post...

Legend has it, Medusa stared at Dinger and Medusa's face turned to stone.

As such, I tentatively locked eyes with my enemy, peering deep into his egg-shaped eyes, colored black, fitting for the Rockies' eyesore of a black eye.

There he was, on an otherwise delightful, sunny Wednesday at the ballpark — Dinger. The worst mascot in sports. Barney after a meth binge.

Now, I'm sure Dinger hates me, too, with my smarmy tweets on deadline day ("Have they traded Dinger yet?") and haughty beliefs that a mascot shouldn't scare children and adults alike.

It's just there is nothing more tranquil than attending a Rockies game, yet there is nothing more nauseating than the Rockies' mascot.

Can we swansong Dinger and upgrade him with, say, that shouting, homeless guy on the 16th Street Mall Ride? Trade Dinger. Or release Dinger and start fresh. Maybe the Stanford Tree is ready to take the leap to the pros? Surely the Rockies would have a top pick in the Mascot draft, though they'd probably end up picking, say, Herbie Husker, the Greg Reynolds of mascots.

How is Dinger a major-league mascot? This thing is an embarrassment to the fans and symbolizes the hokey mom-and-popness that has plagued this franchise.

Let's break it down. The purple triceratops looks unfriendly — like the only trait you DON'T want for a mascot — with his black eyes, devilish horns and bizarre pink-and-purple potpourri of polka dots looming over his head, something that looks like a third-grader's art project. He waddles around like pre-Subway Jared, his Rockies jersey cut off at his midsection, a creepy peek and disconcerting reminder that the guy isn't wearing pants.

Retired Denver Post columnist Dick Kreck once wrote: "What a waste of carpet."

So even if Dinger just looked preposterous, that would be enough to fuel the ire, but his behavior is "Bush League." Crouching behind home plate in the late innings and taunting the opposing pitcher? Or creepily looming back there, like Rob Lowe watching people swim?

Dinger is a Times Square sideshow, the Easter Bunny taking a smoke break, the guy who plays the mall Santa during the other 11 months.

The pitching staff can wait. Revamp the mascot first.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Grant Brisbee just reposted a link to this earlier today on McCovey Chronicles:

Barry Bonds's career if he played in 2000 Coors Field his entire career.
BtaRsiQCMAAd02I.png:large

Top Bottom