• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Olivera on administrative leave. Daniel Castro called up.

More Mallex Smith I guess. Also they may move aybar to 2B and play Castro at SS.

The Jays are still the team to beat in the AL East. Baltimore is not staying undefeated forever, and will still end up in last place. 2 games back of the Yankees and it's the end of the world?

You really think that lineup is going to hold a .636 OPS all season, and be no better tthan the Indians or Twins, and only 40 points better than the Braves?

So even with Tulo hitting .107, Martin .083, Colabello .067, Pillar .219 and Saunders .227 the team is 3-4.

You don't think these guys aren't going to start hitting better? Or that Edwin will not start hitting some home runs or Goins won't slug higher than .292?

Donaldson and Bautista have almost single handedly put this team one game under .500. As soon as the other guys start hitting, you're going to be back in first place.

Small sample size. Relax. The pitching's been there, the fielding a little shaky but nothing to freak out about. It's just the lineup. And the math says that this is going to come sooner rather than later.

TDSs8Lb.jpg

I agree, the Jays are the team to beat this year in the AL East. Seeing their playoff run last year and the fan base exploding was exciting. Very similar to what we saw with the Royals in 2014-2015. Unfortunately, there's a huge doom-and-gloom element that makes no sense to me. 162 game season and fans are treating every individual loss like it's a personal affront.

Might as well post this preemptive spoiler and save you all a lot of heartache in October/November:
you will probably not win the World Series.

So I tried watching a game last night through the mlb app on windows 10 on my computer and also through the mlb app on my LG smart tv and neither one would work. The video would stutter and stop right away. I tried resetting my router and I even hardwired my tv and I still couldn't get it to play. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and is there anything I can do? I never had this problem last year.

Parch

You don't think these guys aren't going to start hitting better?
Sure they will, but it's not unrealistic to think that they won't be as dominant offensively as they were last year. Jays scored the most runs by a significant amount last year. Repeating that won't be easy.

Sure they will, but it's not unrealistic to think that they won't be as dominant offensively as they were last year. Jays scored the most runs by a significant amount last year. Repeating that won't be easy.

Sure, but you don't need to be that good to repeat. Get to 800 with that staff and you're winning that division handily imo. That's 10% fewer runs than last year. Heck, with 800 you're still leading the league most likely.

Hell, Toronto has 31 runs this year, 7th in the league, with an OBP of .289, 11th in the league. They're producing runs quite well despite not hitting all that well so far this year.

As an A's fan, I would absolutely lose my mind getting to watch and root for a team like Toronto every day. You people have it so good right now, one of the better baseball teams to watch in the past couple decades, and you guys are angry, sad and negative.

Parch

You people have it so good right now, one of the better baseball teams to watch in the past couple decades, and you guys are angry, sad and negative.
You people?
But seriously, it's just some minor complaining. Blue Jay baseball is massively popular right now across Canada. TV ratings are huge.
Another reason I think it's a good time for Montreal expansion. I believe Canada would embrace Expo baseball again.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I stand by that MLB Central is the best sports morning show... but going from that to Russo is always disappointing... I wish when MLBN showed day games they just skip Russo's show instead of cutting short MLB Central

Chris Russo looks exactly like one of my Uncles, it's scary lol.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Should have fired Fredi Gonzalez last year. You knew the guy who followed Bobby Cox would suck in comparison, but damn son. Fredi is over achieving on that expectation.

Maybe they're waiting for a chance to bring WS champion Ned Yost back into the fold.

BFIB

Should have fired Fredi Gonzalez last year. You knew the guy who followed Bobby Cox would suck in comparison, but damn son. Fredi is over achieving on that expectation.

They are just biding their time until they name Chipper the next manager.

Maybe they're waiting for a chance to bring WS champion Ned Yost back into the fold.

During the playoffs last season, whenever he would make some absolutely bizarre decision, I would express my incredulity. My wife, who knows very little about baseball and nothing about sabermetrics, would tell me she was certain Yost knew more about baseball than I did.

Inevitably, things would work out in the Royals favor, and she would follow up with a, "See?"

Yosted.

Top Bottom