• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

zulux21

the yanks were going to release him so he opted for this new role instead of finding a new team

im really late to this. but I still wonder why.

there are a number of teams that would have happily picked him up for league minimum just to put extra seats in the stands as he went for 700.

hell Tampa Bay might have let him just to try to trigger more payments in AROD's contract for the yankees to pay :p

I suppose he knew he was never going to get into the HOF anyways so 700 isn't that important.

Yasiel Puig went 2 for 4 with 3 RBIs in his OKC debut.

Meanwhile Josh Reddick is 1 for 19 since becoming a Dodger.

so I haven't been paying attention to this... looking at baseball reference, why did the dodger's send down their second best outfielder this season by WAR?

Who knew the Red Sox would screw up David Price

Fenway popcorn must be terrible

to be fair it was obvious it was a terrible signing when it happened, though it is a bit surprising he fell apart in the first year.

Choomp

Banned
If I'd knew I'd be saying this at some point like 3 or 4 years ago I probably would have wanted to kill myself, but imagine how much better things would be for the Mets right now if they had Justin Turner playing third and Murph at second still.

Remember when Cherington lowballed the fuck out of Lester and then let him walk in FA because he wasn't going to pay old pitchers

And then Dombrowski goes and turn around and gives Price 217 million?

BumRush

If I'd knew I'd be saying this at some point like 3 or 4 years ago I probably would have wanted to kill myself, but imagine how much better things would be for the Mets right now if they had Justin Turner playing third and Murph at second still.

Haha :(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well Corran, we've lost consecutive series to the Phillies and now the Nats. How long are you gonna hold out on us???

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bruce Bochy admitted to the University of Miami Hospital Monday morning, will be kept overnight.

The team has not divulged a reason, other than saying Bochy was “feeling ill,” but he is expected to rejoin the team Tuesday after being held overnight for observation.

It was not immediately clear if this had anything to do with a February, 2015 heart procedure in which Bochy had two stents inserted.

Giants senior media relations director Matt Chisholm said in a text that Bochy is resting comfortably.

Bench coach Ron Wotus will manage Monday night’s game.

Chase17

Hopefully Arod can be a commentator for the playoffs again.

And Price contract stings a bit every time I see him pitch.

Mortemis

Banned
Taijuan Walker sent down to AAA Tacoma.

He still has work to do on his secondary pitches, and they probably rushed him back from his injury. Looks to be the right move for now.

zroid

Banned
219cc911db55429e9607381d7fe7fb75.png

se 👏 quen 👏 cing 👏

RBH

And the Dbacks continue to be a joke and this situation with Maricopa county is getting messier:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...est-65-million-chase-field-upgrades/88279408/

County Supervisor Andy Kunasek sent a letter to Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall as the dispute reached a climax in April, describing the baseball business as "evolving into a parasitic enterprise." He accused Hall of selling a "false narrative," slandering county board members and doing "irreparable harm" to taxpayer confidence in government.

As Kunasek delivered the letter to the team, he directed a profanity-laced storm at Hall, calling on owner Ken Kendrick to "take your stupid baseball team and get out" and go back to "f--king West Virginia," according to team notes that Kunasek does not dispute.

Hall wrote back to Kunasek detailing his "verbal assault" and reminding him of the economic impact the team provides.

"For now, I will assume that based upon your comments, there is no interest on behalf of either the City of Phoenix or Maricopa County in furthering the past partnership (with) the Diamondbacks," Hall wrote. "Your candor with respect to this issue will cause us to move forward in a different direction."
Yikes

Billy Hamilton on the base paths is must watch TV

One of the best speedsters in the game currently?

EDIT: Looking at that thing on the Diamondbacks and the county, good on the representative. Sick and tired of teams trying to use state/provincial taxpayers to leverage their new stadiums. The more people rise up and say no, the better.

Besides, when was the last time people willingly wanted to fund a stadium? Safeco after 1995 and the success the Mariners had?

Why don't they send Dickey to the bullpen? It always seems like he is great the first time through a lineup and then implodes in the middle innings every damn time.

And then we get Thole up there as well to make it even harder to win...

The old lady behind home plate most games could probably do a better job.
I hate calling for a manager to be fired when we're still in the hunt, but the way he manages the team is rage-inducing.

The Sportsnet broadcast is all about useless facts, who gives a shit, we play to win. I'm not tuning in for good baseball, I'm tuning in to watch them win because that's all that matters, the players are playing to win, I can't imagine how frustrated Donaldson feels.

Top Bottom