• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Because they assume that 99% of the fanbase has only been watching since last October. So they treat us like idiots.
What gets me is why have a broadcast for the home team when these people go way out of their way to seem impartial, there's zero passion about winning. It's like they're trying to lull the viewers to sleep.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Folty, Jenkins, Whalen, De La Rosa, Hernandez might get Atlanta through September. Hopefully Teheran and Gant get healthy soon.

wbsmcs

If Tulo doesn't homer here we're stranding the runners.

Gibbons actually using Martin to PH?

And you know...Melvin is due for his homerun.

What gets me is why have a broadcast for the home team when these people go way out of their way to seem impartial, there's zero passion about winning. It's like they're trying to lull the viewers to sleep.

It's a double edged sword. Would you rather have a crew that are massive homers, ala Hawk Harrelson, or be impartial?

All I care about is the broadcast not treat me like i'm stupid. I have been watching baseball for a while now, don't treat me like I am some bandwagon jumper.

Vin Scully addressed this situation the best. He wants to have a chat with the viewer as if they're watching the game together. He didn't want to be a homer because he didn't want to alienate anyone that might like the other team.

That being said, a broadcast team might be bad, but that usually has nothing to do with their being impartial or not.

It's a double edged sword. Would you rather have a crew that are massive homers, ala Hawk Harrelson, or be impartial?

All I care about is the broadcast not treat me like i'm stupid. I have been watching baseball for a while now, don't treat me like I am some bandwagon jumper.

I'm not interested in listening to homers either, which is why I'm not a fan of Wilner because Gibby can do no wrong, I just wanted to see some fucking passion when we're doing well and some anger when Gibby fucks up, call him out ffs.

I'm not interested in listening to homers either, which is why I'm not a fan of Wilner because Gibby can do no wrong, I just wanted to see some fucking passion when we're doing well and some anger when Gibby fucks up, call him out ffs.

You know as well as I do with how the media side of this franchise is set up, nobody from Rogers or Sportsnet is going to call out anybody, lest they care for their contacts or jobs.

wbsmcs

OBP isn't as high but he's had some clutch hits, he doesn't seem to have sloppy at bats, good plate coverage.

Damn Tulo almost had one.

Yea he is always composed at the plate. I never see him miss the way guys like Smoak do. Excited to have him as the 2B for years to come.

Top Bottom